exercise calories, why do i have to eat them.

Options
i'm not sure but i remember someone telling me i have to eat my exercise calories, i'm concerned that it will slow down my wieght loss. i have 60 pounds to lose and would like to see results in 8 months. please advise....thanks

Replies

• Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For some reason if you don't eat the extra caolories your body starves itself of those calories due to needing them. Because you worked harder, I am not sure but it's teh gist of it? I have eaten each calorie since January and have lost 45 lbs so far. Eat right, work out and eat your calories... it works!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    For some reason if you don't eat the extra caolories your body starves itself of those calories due to needing them. Because you worked harder, I am not sure but it's teh gist of it? I have eaten each calorie since January and have lost 45 lbs so far. Eat right, work out and eat your calories... it works!

I agree:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Here is how I view the exercise calorie dilema:

Most web sites take your info, including the exercise you promise to do each day, and come up with a minimum caloric intake per day.

On those sites I am at approx. 1500 cals a day.

Now they assume you will actually DO the exercise, but we all know we do not always, right?

So here at MFP they use your daily deficit on calories, give you minimums that are lower because it doenst include the exercise, and then you have to EARN those calories each day.

I love it this way because when I go down to minimum....I am at 1200....I know I HAVE to exercise for my 300 cals or I will be hungry.

I have to EARN it therefore it means more to me.

I am ready to embark on the last 10 pounds and we shall see what happens!
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    bump

Thanks for the great links!