How accurate do you think this is?

Options
2»

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat back any of the calories you burned! I try not to or else you just even out in the end!

Not true. This is NOT how MFP is set up to work. You absolutely SHOULD eat back your exercise calories. Do a little research on this before making a statement like that.
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Eat back what you burn, your body deserves to be fueled for the work it does. I usually log about ten calories per minute as an estimated guess. MFP says I burned more but I usually can gauge how hard I'm working. Some workouts deserve more. My walking/jogging/biking/elliptical are usually about 10-12 calories a minute though. (for my weight and effort)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think it's off.......some exercizes are too high and some too low. A heart rate monitor is the way to go!!
  • peachpearl1
    Options
    sometimes i just dont believe how much mfp says i burn. if i think it overestimates i just change it to a shorter amount of time to lessen the calories burned, i never add more minutes though bc i never feel its shorted me. i mostly just base it off how much effort i think ive exerted, its pretty much just a guessing game :p i also dont add things like working (im on my feet 100% of the time at work) and the like because of the lifestyle i entered when i signed up so i dont think of it as "exercise".
  • NittanyLion95
    Options
    bump