not sure if i'm doing enough? help!

Options
i'm eating right, i know that, i'm just not sure i'm being productive/effective in my exercise!

i go to a gym at least five times a week. lately i've been alternating running/walking every other ten minutes for thirty or forty minutes depending ( 6.5/6 mph jogging, 4/3.7 mph walking). after that, i go and pretty much just mess around with weight training machines like a hip abductor, bicep curls, leg press, etc. i'm working out and i definitely sweat, but i don't know enough about the machines to know how much weight i should be doing, how many reps, etc. also, is it better to do full body every day or have a day for arms, legs, etc? if the latter, how do you separate it into sections?

i'm also super intimidated to go the back part of my gym which has the hardcore weighting stuff, like bench press and serious weights. does my workout need to include stuff like that, or are the machines enough?

sorry for so many questions at once, but research on google just absolutely confused me more!

not sure if it matters, but i'm 5'4, 145 pounds, and eighteen years old. i've been working out for almost a month now and i've actually lost ten pounds! not quite sure how though haha

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    For your weight, 10 lbs in a month is great! Keep eating healthy and exercise and you will keep seeing results. You seem to be doing everything that you need to be to get to your goals.

for lifting, i find it better to have different days for different sections. lower body days, upper body days.
  • gracefulotus
    Options
    Why not ask a trainer at your gym to put a training program together for you?
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Don't be intimidated by the big weights. Look up Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting For Women, etc. If the ladies here are any indication, you'll get great results.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Don't be intimidated by the big weights. Look up Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting For Women, etc. If the ladies here are any indication, you'll get great results.

Excellent advice.
  • ginneyrose
    ginneyrose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ur doin great!