Meals

Options
Hey guys, I just found this program from a family member. I was going through his pictures and was so amazed at how good he looked and how fast he dropped weight.

I need everyone's help as far as what to eat. It seems like everything I tend to pick up at the grocery store is junk! Can people PLEASE leave ideas of what a good breakfast, lunch and dinner can be? I am prior military and got out nearly 3 years ago. Today, I disgusted myself, after stepping on the scales. I just turned 38, I am 6' tall and I weigh 220 pounds. I would love to get down to 185.

Good luck to every one of you and thank you guys in advance for sharing healthy meals.

Replies

• jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Stay on the perimeter in the grocery store! There's your best bet :bigsmile:
  • Rugbygurl
    Rugbygurl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Stick with less processed food like the veges and fruit, eat lots of protein to keep you full. :smile:
    Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me if you wish!
  • Penelope10201
    Penelope10201 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Working for my husband & I....and I am NO Chef!!!

we buy absolutely No junk food. Buy 100 calorie packs if we get the munchies. Dinner consists of Chicken & Fish, turkey, ham. we cut out beef. We also cut out all FAST foods...totally!! As well as eating 6times a day..smaller portions.
    We buy lots of fruits/veggies. Nuts to snack on during the day. Plan out your week...it helps stay away from fast food/restaurants. Make a shopping list---even found a cool app to help make a lists easier.

G/L...!!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what ever but don't go over my goal calorie intake. If I think I will go over then I stop. I eat 5 meals a day. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, and Dinner and don't have dessert. After all that during the day I work out. I workout sometimes in the morning if I can or in the evening before dinner. Good luck to you and feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Penelope10201
    Penelope10201 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    oh, i forgot.....we have protein bars/shakes for breakfast!!! Lunch...subway works for the Mr. I buy healthy choice meals..steamers...keeps me under 300 calories for lunch. Also like tuna..with cut up celery and olive oil mayo.
  • jesseam
    jesseam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 special K cereal for meals its under 280 calories each then my last meal is a frozen pizza or tv dinner. Small size and a 12 oz. coke. Bad diet kinda but I'm dieting on a budget.
  • lichensandseeds
    lichensandseeds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A good breakfast choice is oatmeal-- it's very filling and easy to control the portion (if you only cook one serving, you aren't tempted to have more whereas it's really easy to pour a second bowl of cereal). I don't put any sweetener on mine, but I do add fruit, sunflower seeds, or raisins.
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Raisin Bran is a great cereal....great protien, fiber, low fat and very satisfying. Low fat cheeses like individually wrapped string cheese make a great snack as well as the Special k cracker chips. Just watch your portions and eat in moderation. You don't need to give up the foods you love completely. Just be careful when you enjoy them.
  • hikertrail
    Options
    Wow, you all are really awesome. Thank you so so much for the help. I think I am really going to love this program