Day 1

Options
Hi everyone, I just wanted to take a second and introduce my self. It only seems appropriate, or should I say...what everyone else is doing. lol

It is time for a change.

Check out my BLOG.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SaraThePrincess

Replies

• hgirl1021
    Options
    welcome sara. congrats to you in making the decision to change your lifestyle for yourself and your future. you've made the first and most important decision. i'm concerned though, however, with the '3 day diet' that you choose to begin your journey with. i've honestly never heard of it :indifferent: but i read the article. it seems very obvious that even the article explains this "fad diet" is not one to live by. you consume approx 1000 calories a day which will put your body into starvation mode. sure, you MIGHT lose up to the 10 lbs as it states, but the article specifically tells what happens after your 3 days is up...your body will start to gain when you eat normal again. the mere fact that you've done this mulitple times, seems to point out that something isn't working. this site has A LOT to offer, and i encourage you to read around and get some ideas about eating a healthier lifestyle rather than succomb to such a fad diet and be left at square one in a week or so. perhaps you could incorporate some of the healthy foods it suggests, find your caloric intake for the day, and make sure you're getting plenty of calories in order to lose. and just IMO, any diet that doesn't include exercise, is a fad. Your body NEEDS it!! anyways, i hope that whatever you decide to do becomes a lifestyle for you and works!! good luck on your journey and we wish you the best! welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard! I can completely understand what you said in your blog! I have myspace and facebook which show my face on my profile. Guys are like, "wow, you're hot." But then I tell them I'm overweight or they see another picture of me, and they disappear or just want to be friends. I don't see myself as a heavy person until it catches up with me on a reflection or in the dreaded mirror. I also want to change that and feel good again. Enjoy going to a water park with my 10 yr old and be an example to her! So, you are not alone in this battle. In the short time I've been a member, I've seen a lot of support here.

Best of wishes to you on your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Kristi

P.S
    How did you change your font from blue to hot pink? It had an awesome 3D effect.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    welcome sara. congrats to you in making the decision to change your lifestyle for yourself and your future. you've made the first and most important decision. i'm concerned though, however, with the '3 day diet' that you choose to begin your journey with. i've honestly never heard of it :indifferent: but i read the article. it seems very obvious that even the article explains this "fad diet" is not one to live by. you consume approx 1000 calories a day which will put your body into starvation mode. sure, you MIGHT lose up to the 10 lbs as it states, but the article specifically tells what happens after your 3 days is up...your body will start to gain when you eat normal again. the mere fact that you've done this mulitple times, seems to point out that something isn't working. this site has A LOT to offer, and i encourage you to read around and get some ideas about eating a healthier lifestyle rather than succomb to such a fad diet and be left at square one in a week or so. perhaps you could incorporate some of the healthy foods it suggests, find your caloric intake for the day, and make sure you're getting plenty of calories in order to lose. and just IMO, any diet that doesn't include exercise, is a fad. Your body NEEDS it!! anyways, i hope that whatever you decide to do becomes a lifestyle for you and works!! good luck on your journey and we wish you the best! welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:

I don't know anything about the 3 day diet; however, through trial and error, I know that eating the lower calories (for me 1200) and keeping with in that range while eating healthy foods works for me. I posted some information on my blog if you might want to take a look at it. I joined Aug. 22nd and I've lost 6 pounds as of this morning - some exercise not not everyday. Everyone here is great about answer questions, there are some really informative people that have done a lot of research. One of them is Banks, I've read some of his posts and he is a dictionary of knowledge. You will find this site can be very educational - I've already learned alot.

Again, best of luck to you. Glad to have you aboard!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • SaraThePrincess
    Options
    Thank you all very much. I just got back in from working out and I already feel that much better.
    I understand your concern about the "3 day diet" It is a fad, but a fad that works. When I did it before I lost 8lbs and gained back 3 on the "normal eating" days. I am still ok with that. hehehe. I am using it as a jump start, it wont be my lifestyle, I assure you that. Tuna gets old! I am all for advice and research, I will check out the websites and blogs mentioned. Thank you all so much.

To change you blog appearance: when you are on your blog page, click preferences. It shows you all the sections and different color options.
  • SaraThePrincess
    Options
    Thank you...and I love the scripture.
  • rory78
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everyone, my name is Rory S snd today is actually my third day. I have read some of the posts from everyone and they are so motivating.
    I am losing 65 pounds, so let the journey begin. The tools on this website are amazing.

Nice to meet everyone and have a great Labor Day:smile:
  • SaraThePrincess
    Options
    Hi Rory...best of luck.