How to get rid of the dreaded lower belly "pooch" - ladies??

Options
So I do boot camp 3 days a week, run 3 days a week, watch what I eat and am fairly active otherwise. Still stuck trying to get rid of the dreaded lower belly pooch. I'm not looking for a 6 pack, I just want a flat tummy. Any suggestions? Per MFP, I eat back my exercise calories but maybe I should create a greater deficit? More strength? I do lots of races, mostly 5k's thus far, so the running itself is kind of a necessity for training. Anyone had any luck with such area? I'm open to anything at this point.
Help?!?

Replies

• ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump. always good to know!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Dance, move your hips! :smile:
  • jesska812
    jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The only time I've managed to have a gorgeously flat stomach was when I was at my goal weight and body fat % and I was eating clean (my version of clean is no food that your great grandmother wouldn't recognise) consistently. Not sure if that's what actually worked or of it was a bit of luck though.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is such a hard topic,I can't wait to see what others think. I don't think that tonnes of sit ups is the key though.
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know this...is there any way other than plastic surgery (tummy tuck) to get rid of the pooch? I've never had a flat stomach, but my stomach is still my most bothersome area even after losing 28 lbs. I have 12 lbs to go to my first goal weight and I'm hoping most will be in the belly area, but we all know we can't pick the area the lbs melt from...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Moderate calorie deficit (250-400), heavy lifting, and time.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Doing raised butt...bicycle ...er, thingies. I have no idea what they are called. The backward crunch, every time I do them, my lower belly burns. In a good way, obviously. And I heard from a co-worker, that Dr Oz says one meal, the same, plus CLA will target your belly area. I'll have more info on it later. Heard it's good.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Moderate calorie deficit (250-400), heavy lifting, and time.

^^^this

mine is going away, slowly but surely
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ~BUMP - I'm curious as to the answer to this too! I take Zumba twice a week currently, plan on taking more class during the week when my endurance builds up some more but have only seen slight results as to lower belly flattening from it. ~GJ
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    It will usually be based on body fat %. Also GENETICS play a role. Some may not be cut out to have a flat stomach regardless how "good" they are.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Would love to know the answer. My family is tired of hearing about my panus. I do some type of aerobic activity- running, eliptical, zumba at least 4 x week and have forsaken my formerly beloved fast food for the last 6 months. Definitely, the panus is smaller, but still flabby and THERE. Maybe just got the bad genes...
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump, its going slowly, I've read this area takes time especially for the excess skin to reduce.
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    I read somewhere that it was there to make it easier for the skin to stretch when a woman gets pregnant, so I don't think getting rid of it would be easy. Don't take my word for it though, I can't remember if I read it at a reliable place.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    mine is going away ever so slowly with eating right exercise and reverse crunches and plank exercises..

EVER...SO....SLOWLY.....

10 months on and I am still 1-2 sizes from my old jeans but nearly 3 kg lighter than pre-pregnancy weight.
  • LoveLivingHealthy
    Options
    reverse crunches help. i love those!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches. There are others, too. knee raises -- sitting on the edge of a bench and raising your knees toward your chest.

http://www.ball-exercises.com/top-10/index.html#5

This website has GREAT Swiss ball exercises tailored to every body part. It's nice because you can do the them anywhere you have a Swiss ball.