30 Day Shred Pain

Options
I just started 30 Day Shred with my sister this Monday, and while I am absolutely in love with the workout, I'm not a big fan of the SOUL CRUSHING PAIN I'm starting to get afterwords. Anyone have any idea of when it ends? It would just be nice to know if the muscle soreness isn't permanent. ;)

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Are you doing it daily?
  • ChemHate
    ChemHate Posts: 13
    Options
    It gets better. Are you doing it daily?
    Yup. And that's good to know
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Consider doing 2 days of shred, followed by one day of something else (cardio, for instance), then two more, followed by something else, AND a rest day. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
  • ginneyrose
    ginneyrose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If u overwork ur muscles daily they won't build properly and u can breaking down ur muscle instead of fat. Soak in ice cold water for soreness.
  • stace_sayers
    stace_sayers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred with my sister this Monday, and while I am absolutely in love with the workout, I'm not a big fan of the SOUL CRUSHING PAIN I'm starting to get afterwords. Anyone have any idea of when it ends? It would just be nice to know if the muscle soreness isn't permanent. ;)

Today will be day 4 of level 1 for me and I have to say, day 1/2 I was in so much pain i was starting to wonder how i would get through it... But, keep going. The pain is settling now & i already feel a difference! Cant wait to see results!! Good Luck! x
  • ElizmaKnowles
    Options
    Oh that's s good to hear! I started level 1 this morning and have aches in places I did not even know existed on my body!
    Did enjoy the workout though, struggled a bit to keep up but am sure that in a couple of days I will be able to do everything without feeling borderline asthmatic :-)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Yes, it gets better. For most people I've talked to, around day 4-6. After that, you may get some pain here and there, but it generally isn't the pain EVERYwhere.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Days 2 and 3 hurt so badly for me, I could just about walk and my body felt like it had been beaten repeatedly with a stick! By day 5 most of the major aches had eased away. By days 8 and 9 I had very sore calves but no aches or pains anywhere else. You will be amazed how quickly your stamina builds up! Good luck with your shred! I started level 2 this morning!
  • LeeLeeMarie222
    Options
    It's addctive - the pain does ease - but then also comes back every time you move up to the next level (although I find level 2 harder than level 3). I now do the shred workouts intermingled with her other DVDs and various others such as yoga/pilates as I find it gets a bit repetative and she gives me ear ache- but definatley worth persiting for a full 30 days!! Good Luck!
  • miss_carls_gets_fit
    Options
    just work through it for the first couple of days and you'll be amazed at your progress.
  • Lisammy
    Lisammy Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree, by day 4 or 5 you should be ok. I was in intense pain for 2-3 days from the first day. I don't have anymore pain and I just started level 2. Best of luck to you in your Shredding!! :happy: