Gastric Band HYPNOSIS

Options
Hi all

Groupon (Kent) is doing a £49 for 3 x 1 hour sessions of gastric band hypnosis.

I have been fascinated by this subject for quite a while, but wanted to know if anyone on here has tried it and what the general consensus was.

I am aware that it is not an easy fix, and that I will still have to do my part exercise and food wise, but I could do with the extra little push.

Any reviews?

Replies

• Kay2405
    Kay2405 Posts: 54
    Options
    Gastric Band Hypnosis? That sounds interesting!

I'd have a go at that if it's for £49. Worth a shot, right?
  • dawnkay1
    dawnkay1 Posts: 41
    Options
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

It generally has good reviews, but does seem to wear off after a couple of months.

The other side of the argument is that you could lose quite a bit if you don't feel hungry for a few months - especially if you continue with calorie counting and exercise!
  • leatitiaa
    leatitiaa Posts: 17
    Options
    When it sounds to good to be true - it usualy is...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I would invest that money in something else. Running shoes or a sports bra, a food scale and proper measuring cups/spoons. Hypnosis.... think about it. When have you ever heard that this was an effective treatment for -anything- ?
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I'd rather count calories. It's free.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Um, hypnosis can be a very effective treatment for things that involve willpower, and basically things that you can use your mind to fix. Things like stopping smoking and losing weight can be made easier. But as the OP said, you still have to put in your effort. It does depend on how susceptible to hypnosis you are though, and how competent the hypnotist is. I have done some hypnosis before, both as the hypnotist and the subject. I think, for £49, it would be worth giving it a try.

Maybe you should ask to speak to some of their former clients, to help you decide.

Edit: If I was closer to Kent, I think I'd be giving it a try, just to see if they were good enough to hypnotise me ( I can be tricky).