silly tip for eating better

Options
doing the dishes daily after i eat. If i come home from work & theres a big pile of dishes to wash before i cook i am more tempted to order a pizza or go out to eat. But if the dishes are already done, i don't mind cookin ( i love it actually). I have been buyin' healthy meals so i just cook that up. Just a lil thing i found that helps me stay on track (cause come on who wants to work all day, come home take care of son, do the dishes & THEN still have to cook!?)

Replies

• ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    doing the dishes daily after i eat. If i come home from work & theres a big pile of dishes to wash before i cook i am more tempted to order a pizza or go out to eat. But if the dishes are already done, i don't mind cookin ( i love it actually). I have been buyin' healthy meals so i just cook that up. Just a lil thing i found that helps me stay on track (cause come on who wants to work all day, come home take care of son, do the dishes & THEN still have to cook!?)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Yes, preparation is the key...your baby is soooooo cute!! :flowerforyou:
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You have a really good point.

I have had a similar experience. I found that washing the dishes after each meal is easier because there are fewer to wash, than if they pile up in the sink. A sink full of dishes is intimidating!

We do not have a dishwasher. So dishes are something to be taken care of everyday. I am a "wash them right away" kind of guy and my wife is a "why do them now" kind of gal. Neither one likes washing dishes.

We decided that since neither of us really likes doing the dishes, we should do them together. One washes and the other rinses.
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    I agree with you 100% coltsfan. I cannot cook in a dirty kitchen. But the funny thing is I even feel better when I clean the kitchen after I eat. Its like rewarding to go to bed after the kitchen is fuming bleach. I love the smell of bleach..I know I am a freak! Its just the smell of clean to me.