Let's get drunk on hand sanitizer!

Options
Alexstrasza
Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/dangerous-teen-trends-kids-drunk-hand-sanitizer-16209163

I came across this on another forum I frequent. I commented saying that I think if someone is stupid enough to drink freakin hand sanitizer then they deserve whatever happens to them, even if that means death.
Natural selection and all that.

I wouldn't wish or hope for that to happen, but people (including teens) need to be held accountable for their actions and deal with the consequences.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• MeliciousGibson
    Options
    Darwin Awards.

Without these idiots (and natural selection, like you said) I would miss out on a whole world of entertainment.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    All the more oxygen for the rest of us.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm all for Darwin. He's been sidelined for waaaay too long now, with lawyers and "not my fault" attitudes.

Every time I think I'm jaded, I get amazed again by the things that people do.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Agreed! I heard this on CNN last night and moms were talking about locking up everything from hand sanitizer to whipped cream cans! WTF! Seriously?!?!

Teach you kids about the dangers and if they still do it then it's Darwinism at its finest! I say let 'em do it...
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    Wait, though...

Is it low-cal?
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Wait, though...

Is it low-cal?

Lmao. I actually wonder if it is or not....
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I thought this was completely idiotic. As a child you are smart enough to figure out how to distill hand sanitizer so you can drink the alcohol...but not smart enough to know it can kill you. Im not sure if its sad or freaking hilarious. the news casters suggest not buying it??? and why not? its not like they can not go to any dollar tree and buy it. its crazy! and now I cant buy bath salts either because kids found a way to get high off of them. I can not help but to wonder wtf is going through their heads when they decide they need to get high that bad....I mean what happened to buying regular drugs from a dealer? rofl who needs a drug dealer standing on the corner when your local pusher is located in every town and open 24hrs (walmart)?!
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My favorite response I have heard about this was from a reporter on CBS yesterday morning in regards to what precautions parents should take in keeping their children away from hand santizer.. her response was: "Well, starting out by teaching your children basic common sense is probably the best place to start: do not eat things that are not food and do not consume poisonous house hold chemicals." I was crying laughing at her response.. so funny
  • OH_matt
    OH_matt Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A while ago I heard that people that use a lot of hand sanitizer can actually have some negative drug tests. They said that whatever chemical is in hand sanitizer to kill germs gets absorbed in the skin/blood and that it can give a false positive on some drug tests. Kinda like poppy seeds. Guess some idiots just take that a little too far.
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    The trouble with these sorts of "news" reports is also that OTHER kids might see them and start thinking, "Hmmm... maybe I should try that!"

Common sense indeed. I gag if I even get a whiff of the stuff.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    A while ago I heard that people that use a lot of hand sanitizer can actually have some negative drug tests. They said that whatever chemical is in hand sanitizer to kill germs gets absorbed in the skin/blood and that it can give a false positive on some drug tests. Kinda like poppy seeds. Guess some idiots just take that a little too far.
    You mean alcohol? And that would be a positive drug test.
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The trouble with these sorts of "news" reports is also that OTHER kids might see them and start thinking, "Hmmm... maybe I should try that!"

Common sense indeed. I gag if I even get a whiff of the stuff.

Exactly I was worried about that as well. I know parents have to find out but is there not a better way?? apparently the little bad *kitten* (yes I called them bad it is true.) are making videos of it too. I will not for the life of me understand why they make videos of themselves doing it. I just watched a video from 2007 of a younger child snorting hand sanitizer. wtf is going on with our youth?! and people think I am crazy for considering home school for my child...their reason being that being in regular school helps children learn how to socialize....ummm ok if socializing includes drinking, snorting or doing anything like what these kids are doing, I would rather my son be antisocial any day!

oh and I hate the smell of hand sanitizer too. it makes my allergies flare up and everything. couldnt imagine what it would do to my body if I snorted or drank it smh.