Chicken salad ideas?

Options
DizzyLinds
DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
Anyone got any ideas for chicken salad? I have two chicken breasts out.,....and cheesecake! Thought the main meal should be healthier to compensate!

Replies

• alicemontgomery93
    Options
    Hi, My flatmate rubs paprika into her chicken before cooking. Alternatively ground a stock cube with a tiny bit of oil and rub that into it. Just adds some yummy flavour!
  • KirstenHm
    Options
    I've found that dried cranberries and almond slices/slivers make everything better. I just throw them in with the chicken and some olive oil mayo. It gives a little sweet with the savory and a little crunch. Plus, it's only about 150 calories depending on how much you make.
  • NicoleZ1515
    NicoleZ1515 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad (no mayo!)

For the salad:

2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine weighed a total of 1 pound,) chopped
    1/3 cup dried cranberries
    1/3 cup sliced almonds
    1/3 cup diced onions and diced celery (mixed)

For the dressing:

8 ounces plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
    1/2 teaspoon curry powder
    1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
    1 squeeze lemon juice
    salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, mix chicken, cranberries, almonds, celery, and onion. In a separate small dish, prepare dressing by mixing yogurt, curry powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt and pepper together. Combine dressing with the salad ingredients and mix well. Serve on your favorite bread, or on top of fresh greens!