Help I need friends and support ... Add me please !!!!!

Options
I lost my father and brother and have put on 50 pounds. I am 47 and it is hard to lose weight for me. I have yo yo dieted.. I am trying to loss weight for health reasons. I also want to feel better in my clothes.. I do not know what to eat.. I an told to eat 1200 cal a day. I need help with food ideas.

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I hear your losses - been there except it was mom and dad in the same year - I want to be your friend
  • Presley0381
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am sorry for your losses! Feel free to add me. I have gotten a lot of support on this site. We can help each other
  • Wisewoman888
    Wisewoman888 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm here to help and support! I lost my Dad then my nephew (23yr) so I understand. I recently went vegetarian and am learning a stack about healthy eating! Let me know how I can help! Melissaxx
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your sadness.. I .. eat clean every day and I am at a healthy body weight you can ask me whatever you want . I can give you foor ideas also..Goodluck....:bigsmile:
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I know that the weight loss journey can be hard to do one your own.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your losses. Stress and grieving is difficult. Here is the easiest tip to follow. Eat food in it's natural state. Avoid as many processes as possible. Drink skim milk or water. Eat several small meals rather than one big one. Count everything you eat. It's amazing how many little bites we take of food. Those are the calories that add up.

Best of luck in your goals.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm new here, too. In fact, this is my first post. I lost my parents 5 years ago, two months apart... so I hear you, feel you. It's incredible to think how much weight I've gained since then. I need to lose 80 more pounds. I've been on this site about 2 weeks, I think, so I'm just finding my virtual way. I know that the initial weight loss is a rapid one, and I'll probably start losing less every week, but so far I've lost 13 pounds just trying to fulfill my carb-fat-protein ratio, and cease eating after 5 PM. It hasn't been easy, I must say, and I'm not always successful, but I feel great in the morning when I do.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kathyd0829
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is so hard and for those of us that are stress eaters, it can be downright unhealthy and dangerous. Feel free to add me to your friends list. I have been here for a few months and have lost 25 pounds so far. Emotional support is very important at this time and MFP is great for that. Good luck on your journey to a new healthy, happy life.
  • Pumpkin_Latte07
    Pumpkin_Latte07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend!!
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. I know where youre at. Ive put on all my weight after losing both my parents and my brother in the last few years. To say food was my support is an understatement. Food was my crutch, my friend, my escape and my way of coping. Now I have to get back to life, live again, and lose all this weight. Im here if you need a friend. :) You can do this.
  • mnewsam
    mnewsam Posts: 5
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Beyond. Sorry for your losses. We are all here to support one another. :)
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your great losses. I went through about 4 years of one loss after another and I, too, put on a lot of weight. I just started on this site a couple weeks ago and find it absolutely wonderful. The people are extremely supportive of one another, have great ideas for weight loss and fitness and the calorie counting really keeps me aware and in line. So far so good. I will happily add you as a pal.
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I understand it. Please add me.
  • ladyfingers39
    ladyfingers39 Posts: 335
    Options
    Lot's of people giving you support here girl, I had no idea about your father and brother. I am sorry. I wrote you a message. :)