I'M READY to change MY LIFE

Options
I've decided to not wait for next month, or even next week. nor tomorrow. I will start today. I'M READY

Replies

• LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard....

The site is so great and the support is so amazing.
    Best of luck on your journey.

If you need support along the way, feel free to add me.

Julie :smile:
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

I sent you a friend request so we can support each other!
  • slmath
    slmath Posts: 9
    Options
    Great thanks.. :flowerforyou:
  • slmath
    Options
    :wink:
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    You can do it!
    If you would like to send me a friend request you can, and we will support each other.
  • slmath
    Options
    Ready to take on more self responsibilty not only am i trying to get in shape I'm also working on my family.. Leslie here we come.. Leslie Sansone have a 3 mile walk that flattens ur belly and get u motivated and moving!! We are ready for u leslie.. The cd i have you can either workout all 3 miles or take 1 mile at a time. I'm still on mile 1 till i can push my self further. I CAN AND I WILL!! That's my motivation saying and IT WORKS FOR ME!!
  • slmath
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in this afternoon, then check out a gym that is close to my house hopefully i feel comfortable enough to join.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Most of us are here for the same reasons... we have tried so many things over the years and often revert back to bad habits. I'm always open to new friends so anyone can add me.

My motto has been "Stop simply accepting things and start attacking them!" Don't be intimidated by the gym. Just remember, even though they may look great now, at some point, some of them struggled with their weight just like us. You can do it!!!
  • kingkm02
    kingkm02 Posts: 23
    Options
    Ready to take on more self responsibilty not only am i trying to get in shape I'm also working on my family.. Leslie here we come.. Leslie Sansone have a 3 mile walk that flattens ur belly and get u motivated and moving!! We are ready for u leslie.. The cd i have you can either workout all 3 miles or take 1 mile at a time. I'm still on mile 1 till i can push my self further. I CAN AND I WILL!! That's my motivation saying and IT WORKS FOR ME!!

I love her DVDs I did the three mile on monday and felt it all week in my abs and legs! I am excited to get back to it when I'm not so busy. She is always a good motivator. Good luck with your journey and if you wanna add me feel free. I have only been on here a little over a week. :happy:
  • nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome, first step is the hardest and you have made it. Add as a friend if you want.
  • slmath
    Options
    Thank you, and good luck as well. I'm going to add you I'm pretty new on here too.
  • Love4MN
    Love4MN Posts: 60
    Options
    The hardest part is getting started. I used to always tell myself that I'll start tomorrow, or sunday, or January... it was always another day so I feel where your coming from
  • slmath
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds, I plan on lossing that before next weigh in.. I CAN AND I WILL!!
    My next weigh in is on May 10th. I have a goal that i will reach!! I'm a little disappointed but i do accept it. I accept it because i know i can change it. and that's my GOAL!!
  • slmath
    Options
    THE WORST FORM OF FAILURE IS THE FAILURE TO TRY!!!!

KEEP MOVING FORWARD IN YOUR GOAL..

I KNOW IT'S HARD AT TIME, BUT THE OUTCOME IS GOING TO BE THE MOST AWARDING AND THAT'S YOUR HEALTH!!!

I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MOTIVATATIONS IT'S GREATLY APPRECIATED, AND I WILL KEEP ON MOTIVATING YOU AS WELL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    What a great atttitude!! Good for you! I am a fresh newbie here to so please feel free to add me. You can do it and know there is TONS of support here. We can do this together!!!:happy:
  • slmath
    Options
    Lightened Seven Layer Taco Dip
    56 servings (seriously)
    Adapted from All Recipes.

1-oz. package taco seasoning mix (or make your own )
    16-oz. can fat-free refried beans
    8-oz. package fat-free cream cheese, softened
    16-oz. container fat-free sour cream
    16-oz. jar salsa
    1 large tomato, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 bunch chopped green onions
    1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
    6-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
    2 cups reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese (or shred your own 8-oz bar)

1) In a medium bowl, mix taco seasoning thoroughly with refried beans. Transfer it to a large platter or bowl, spreading it out on the bottom

2) In a separate medium bowl, mix sour cream and cream cheese. Pour it over refried beans and spread.

3) Pour salsa over sour cream/cream cheese mixture. Spread out. Then, layer with: tomato, bell pepper, onions and lettuce. Finish with cheese and sprinkle olives over everything.

Approximate Calories, Fat, and Price per Serving
    36 calories, 1 g fat, $0.25

Calculations
    1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix: 45 calories, 0 g fat, $0.25
    1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans: 385 calories, 0 g fat, $0.89
    1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened: 218 calories, 3.1 g fat, $2.69
    1 (16 ounce) container fat-free sour cream: 336 calories, 0 g fat, $1.20
    1 (16 ounce) jar salsa: 123 calories, 0.7 g fat, $1.50
    1 large tomato: 22 calories, 0.2 g fat, $1.00
    1 green bell pepper: 24 calories, 0.2 g fat, $0.50
    1 bunch chopped green onions: 32 calories, 0.2 g fat, $0.79
    1 small head iceberg lettuce: 45 calories, 0.5 g fat, $0.99
    1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives: 80 calories, 6 g fat, $1.49
    2 cups reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese: 720 calories, 48 g fat, $2.50
    TOTAL: 2030 calories, 58.8 g fat, $13.80
    PER SERVING (TOTAL/56): 36 calories, 1 g fat, $0.25