i'm new here

Options
hi. I'm new to the site and have over 100lbs. to lose. would like some advice thanks.

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey! You definately came to the right place to lose weight! As for advice, the best I can give you is to take it one day at a time. Some times when we have a lot of weight to lose we can really stress ourselves out about it, but slow and steady is the best way to do it. Try to set yourself mini goals of losing about 5-10 pounds at a time.. they add up quicker than you would think! Also, this site has many many great tools to use, make sure to take advantage of them! Be sure and keep up with your calories and exercise and stay within the limits and weight will come right off (or it has for me so far). Also using the message boards is a great way to get encouragement/advice/vent about anything.. Don't be hard on yourself if you make a mistake - everyone does! Just try to work out a little harder the next day and eat better. You can do this! Best of luck! :happy:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    good luck..I have a hundred pounds too loss to.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • NannyBelle
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here today too. I about 90 lbs. to lose. It sounds daunting, but if I can just get started, make some progress and not dwell on the total, I think I can make progress. How do you guys get those cute little weight loss rulers at the bottom of the chats?

Good luck , momonamission. Keep in touch.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. Log everything honestly and thoroughly, and follow the guidelines MFP has set out for you. Don't beat yourself up if you "fall off the wagon", we all do it. Think of this as a lifetime thing, not a diet.

Good luck. :smile:
  • diana_young
    Options
    Hi I am new too if you don't; count my age. lol I have over 100 lbs to lose. I was introduced to this site by my daughter who has lost 35 lbs with you guys. I am watching her boys this month and I deffinently could use some advise too. How do you get those charts up . They are cool.::bigsmile: