Low Impact Cardio

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on some exercises that can be done that are low impact on your knees. I had reconstructive surgery on my right knee 18 months ago and my left knee 10 years ago and have a hard time with high impact stuff. I have been walking about an hour a day about 3.8 miles and also doing low impact areobics and such for the last 3 months, but now have a knot on my right knee where the bone graph was put. Anybody have suggestions on getting my heartrate up with low impact stuff??? Anything will be helpful! Thanks :smile:

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hop on a stationary or recumbent bike. :)
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    swimming
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    I second the swimming.
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I totally wish I could swim, but there is no where for me to do that.. Or a gym. I need stuff I can do at home. But I love to swim, I really need to find somewhere...
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I dance, I have de Just dance 2 for Wii... it doesn't burn as much calories as running but 1 hour=500 calories.... and you don't get sooo tired and it's not high impact on your knees, if you don't have a Wii, you could search videos on youtube of the game or whatever, i'ts really funny
  • QueChulaYo
    Options
    I agree to the dancing....what about a stepper?? step aerobics ...

i have bad knees, and started really slow on the stepper with music like dancing and stepping up on the stepper...your muscles around the knee become stronger with the stepper.
    and now my knees hold up during a busy stepper workout.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Elliptical