Attn Ladies: Awesome homemade "range extender!"

This is the greatest thing to have along in a large ziploc bag in the mini-van! It extends the range (number of miles) that you can drive before needing to stop and go to the bathroom. :happy: With all of the water I am drinking and my poor old bladder, it slows down my drive to visit #4 daughter in Chicago to stop and go to the rest stops or gas station bathrooms. We girls CAN go outside like the guys, but it is just much moredifficult.

Just take a large empty bottle (about 2 qt size) and a 2L bottle that has been cut off at a sloping angle (I wish I could draw on this thing....just experiment, what you want is a shape that sort of fits up against that part of your body where the urine exits, !! :embarassed: ...it will be your "funnel") The highest part goes in the front. Discard the cap of the 2L bottle, but KEEP the cap of the large bottle. Use a large ziploc bag to hold your funnel, and this can be used for the used toilet paper as well.

When nature calls, stick the 2 L into the large bottle, fit the large angled open part of the 2L up against your body and you can go anywhere! Of course, there are a few logistical issues.....like who are you traveling with??? I would not recommend using this if you are with the in-laws, for instance. If you have a van like I do, you can go to the back for privacy. I you are traveling alone, pull off and use the range extender then continue on your merry way in just a couple of minutes. Be sure to tighten the lid on the pee container! The whole contraption can be tossed in the trash when you arrive at your destination.

Oh, and be sure to travel with tp or kleenex, and some hand sanitizer!!!! Hope this helps someone else....

Replies

• dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    This is the greatest thing to have along in a large ziploc bag in the mini-van! It extends the range (number of miles) that you can drive before needing to stop and go to the bathroom. :happy: With all of the water I am drinking and my poor old bladder, it slows down my drive to visit #4 daughter in Chicago to stop and go to the rest stops or gas station bathrooms. We girls CAN go outside like the guys, but it is just much moredifficult.

Just take a large empty bottle (about 2 qt size) and a 2L bottle that has been cut off at a sloping angle (I wish I could draw on this thing....just experiment, what you want is a shape that sort of fits up against that part of your body where the urine exits, !! :embarassed: ...it will be your "funnel") The highest part goes in the front. Discard the cap of the 2L bottle, but KEEP the cap of the large bottle. Use a large ziploc bag to hold your funnel, and this can be used for the used toilet paper as well.

When nature calls, stick the 2 L into the large bottle, fit the large angled open part of the 2L up against your body and you can go anywhere! Of course, there are a few logistical issues.....like who are you traveling with??? I would not recommend using this if you are with the in-laws, for instance. If you have a van like I do, you can go to the back for privacy. I you are traveling alone, pull off and use the range extender then continue on your merry way in just a couple of minutes. Be sure to tighten the lid on the pee container! The whole contraption can be tossed in the trash when you arrive at your destination.

Oh, and be sure to travel with tp or kleenex, and some hand sanitizer!!!! Hope this helps someone else....
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Or you can wear a diaper like the astronaut did!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    lol.
    maybe i should tried that when i was pregnant :laugh:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    There are days I think that (the diaper) would be a great idea....maybe when I go to a movie and buy a large diet drink! :grumble: