NSV on a plateau

Options
meggawatt
meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
I have been on a plateau for the last couple of months, can’t seem to get beyond the 17 lbs I’ve lost to date but I’m sticking with it and trying new things. I’ve increased my calorie intake from 1200 to 1400 per day which allows me to eat a little more protein and fiber, I know I have a wicked sweet tooth and a salty carb addiction – so if you check out my food diary please don’t judge =-) But I’ll see how it goes the next few weeks and maybe I’ll adjust further, always looking for ideas and recommendations.

So now for the reason I am posting on the success stories topic: My weight started coming off very quickly when I started MFP at a rate of about 3 lbs per week. I feel great despite that I haven’t lost any weight for weeks and weeks. Today rather than weighing myself this morning I pulled out a pair of pants that previously were a bit uncomfortable, just to see…..low and behold they fit! So when I squat down to stretch them out a little (ladies I’m sure we all do this, please tell me we all do this) I realize I don’t really need to that in this pair anymore. Then when I’m pulling up my socks I realize that they comfortably fit over my calves and aren’t pinching me just below the knee. I know these are really small things, but after being on a plateau since January this is just the sort of motivation I need to keep going and sticking with it!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day. To anyone also on a plateau, good luck I hope you see some NSV’s soon too!

Replies

• LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    That's fantastic! Well done.
  • acbader
    acbader Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I can't wait til some of my clothes can fit me again ...
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I know these are really small things, but after being on a plateau since January this is just the sort of motivation I need to keep going and sticking with it!

I don't think they are small - I think that's fantastic!!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    So obviously what you're doing is working, even if it's not showing up on the scale :) The scale is moving pretty slowly for me also, but I've been dropping sizes pretty quickly now and I'm going to re-measure myself on Monday after I finish my first phase of Chalean Extreme. As long as we know we are getting some type of results, that's more important than the number on the scale. Keep up the great work!
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I've been on a plateau for a few weeks. This is the point at which I would have given up on previous diets. You reminded me that there is so much more to success than the number on the scale!
  • GeoJenna223
    GeoJenna223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So when I squat down to stretch them out a little (ladies I’m sure we all do this, please tell me we all do this) I realize I don’t really need to that in this pair anymore.

You are not alone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!