What is the best dinner choice out of the following

Options
klynn08
klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
I'm going to a party planning meeting at a restaurant tonight, Ive been checking out the menu to get an idea of what they serve. I have come up with a few things that seem a little better than others (calorie wise). Which do you think would be the best choice?

1. Chilli: Texas style made with beef tips, chipotle peppers and our
Summer’s End beer. Topped with melted Monterrey Jack and served
with tortilla chips.

2.Thai Chicken Salad: Romaine lettuce and Napa cabbage, shredded carrot garnished with almonds, mandarin oranges, pea tendrils, and crispy lo mein noodles. Sliced grilled chicken breast on top. Thai peanut dressing served
on the side.

3. Grille veggie burger: Grilled and topped with melted pepper jack cheese, sliced red onions, green leaf lettuce, sliced avocado and garlic ranch.

4. Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich: Chicken breast glazed with teriyaki and finished with grilled
pineapple, sautéed red peppers and onions.

Replies

• mariobadr
    mariobadr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    #2, and use minimal dressing :)
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Either one of the salads, and as always, minimal dressing on the side. Have you ever actually measured out a serving size of dressing? It's usually 2 tablespoons and while it's not much, I'm learning it can be just enough. I use every last drop of those 2 tablespoons! LOL
  • lscott62
    lscott62 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I say #2 keep dressing on the side too. Good luck!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    This is an obvious answer for me.

#1 - The CHILI
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is a trick question?

Thai Chicken salad, followed by Chili, before your chicken sandwich.

Like a boss.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Better in what way? What type of bread is used on the sandwiches and how thick is it? How much cheese on the chili? How much noodles on the salad?

Based on just this, I'd go with either the chili and ask for the cheese on the side or light on the cheese.

Or the salad and ask for the noodles on the side as well.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What I posted is all the menu says I have no idea how much cheese and what type of bread. Its a pub so basically all they have other than what I posted is fried chicken wings, burgers, and pasta.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Being Texan I vote chilli! Skip the chips and cheese. Chilli should just be a bowl of hot meat.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Based on just this, I'd go with either the chili and ask for the cheese on the side or light on the cheese.

Or the salad and ask for the noodles on the side as well.

I second these suggestions. I'd go for the salad first.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What I posted is all the menu says I have no idea how much cheese and what type of bread. Its a pub so basically all they have other than what I posted is fried chicken wings, burgers, and pasta.

Then I'd assume the sandwiches are on white buns which is just going to be a lot of empty calories. Stick with the chili or salad.

ETA: or you could order the grilled chicken sandwich without the bun, or just don't eat the bun. It sounds pretty healthy other than the bun.