Checking In!

Options
Hi everyone! This is my first time creating a message to share with people I actually do not know! So here it goes. Over the years I slowly put on the extra 30 pounds that I am carrying around now. I quit smoking 8 months ago for the 3rd and FINAL time, but have managed to gain 16 pounds since Thanksgiving!!! SERIOUSLY! I fell off of the weight loss wagon and Its showing. So I have committed myself to eating clean, and healthy. And exercising daily. Winters here in Iowa I pack on the pounds only to strive to lose them in the spring and summer. Its an on going battle with myself, that I no longer want to have to struggle to fight! I would like to drop the 30 pounds and keep it off. I know I can do it especially after quitting smoking after 17 years! Any words of wisdom, and support I can get will be greatly appriciated!

Replies

• SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hiya

This is only my second week on here and I lost 4lb in my first, I find MFP fantastic and just the push I needed

I have 59lb to lose, the support has been great so far, feel free to add me and hopefully I can support you through ure journey

:)
  • stefanilee8
    Options
    Hello! You will love this site!!!!! I recently joined and can honestly say everyone on here is super supportive and full of positive words!!!!! I too have struggled with my weight over the years and have finally decided enough is enough!!!!!!! Feel free to add me and any way I can help you I will! Good Luck Chicky!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Try to make working out your new addiction. I quit smoking myself and gained some weight about a year ago & like you winters are hard (I live in WI) well this year was an exception I think we had 3 or so "Big" snowfalls... it's been mild but still not nice out to want to exercise. I joined Curves because I was to nervous to go to a bigger gym & what I've found the more I work out there the more I do at home. I get on my treadmill, use my exercise ball, do sit ups, resistance bands. It will happen just commit to working out a few times a week and soon that will be your new addiction & it feels alot better than smoking :flowerforyou:
  • tkdemoss
    tkdemoss Posts: 5
    Options
    Holy Cow! Thanks for the love! =)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hi I recently stopped smoking as well. A little over a month ago. I too want to live a clean healthy life. I have been on here a week. I have found the best people on here. Just take all advice with a grain of salt and do research. That was the best advice I received. We are all in this together! Add me in you care to. Wish you much success!! :happy:
  • tkdemoss
    Options
    I am taking GNC Womens Ultra Vitamins and they are giving me the extra energy I need to work out daily. We have a bowflex in the living room!!! I can't believe I allowed myself to gain, but here we go again! So my family is very supportive, and we hike, bike ride and walk quite a few times a week together.

Thanks again sooo much, I am already falling in love with this site!!! Its great to hear positive things from ladies with the same problems!
  • lcbrusca
    lcbrusca Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!! I'm not new to myfitnesspal, but I'm new to the message board. I'm looking for a little support! I've lost 15 pounds in the past year (145 to 130) and have 10 pounds left to go depending on the amount of muscle I want to put on. My goal is to be a size 0-2 again (I have a very small frame for my 5'4 height). I've been yoyoing between 127-131 since December and need a little push for that last little bit. It's definitely not my workouts (I haven't missed one since April 2011!!) but my diet. I would love any support I can get and I'm here to do the same for anyone having a similar problem!
  • joshd1974
    joshd1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also quit smoking but it took me a few years after that to start making healthy habits. I think it is 30 days to make a habit. Once it is a habit it is hard to break. So doing healthy things for 30 days is the hard part. It worked for me. I love working out and eating healthy. Getting every one else to do the same thing is now the only possible glitch.

Just make sure you keep doing it even when you don't feel like it.
  • tkdemoss
    Options
    I weighted in at the doctor at an unbelievably 171 on Monday..........Ok now my scale at home is old, but I put a 5 pound weight on my scale and it weighed 5 pounds. So my scale this morning told me my weight was 165........ I have ate nothing but clean since Monday and worked out each day since. And I started taking those GNC pills I mentioned before.... I just hope my scale is right! Granted, I weighed in at the doc's office mid day, and weighed in this morning at 7, on an empty stomach.

My biggest problem is eating at night, even after I go to bed! It became such a habit I am sure this is why I have gained so much! I am on day three of NOT eating after bedtime or actually not snacking at all, just doing my slimfast shake for breakfast, and grilled chicken or fish for lunch and dinner. This might be why I have dropped, that much in such little time. I can't tell yet, my fat jeans are still tight...
  • tkdemoss
    Options
    I never knew it takes 30 days to make a habit! Thank you for the info !!! =):wink: