6' tall, nurse, pug lover, 26 years old

Options
Hey everyone! Been on MFP for about 6-7 months now, with great progress. I have some awesome friends already who are a great support group, and looking for a few more for some friendly chatter, motivation, those who I can help support! A little about myself.. 26 years old, nurse, living in New Jersey. I have 2 pugs.

Within the last few weeks, I've accomplished one of my big goals: being able to run a 5k. Now I'm working on reducing my time, and increasing distance. I am avid cyclist as well, and enjoy workout DVDs. I love going to the beach in the summertime, and going for long pug walks. My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, and got into fitness as a couple, and continue to workout together regularly. I can't emphasize enough how wonderful it is to have a partner who has the same healthy goals as me! He's a great supporter of all that I do.

My ultimate goals are to tone, strengthen, and look great in a bikini. I'm doing 5ks, zombie obstacle courses, and bike races. considering a triathlon.

If you like what you read, think i'm awesome, want to pick my brain, live close, etc, send a friend request. I love having people in my life that share similar passions! Oh - also, I'm an aspiring women's health nurse practitioner/midwife. If you share any of those interests - I'd love to have you as a friend!

Replies

• mary_kate23
    mary_kate23 Posts: 156
    Options
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1! nice to see other tall ladies.
    And that is so cool about wanting to be a midwife. I am interested in becoming a Doula.

I am new to this site been here about a month so if you wanna friend me that be cool!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am far from 6' tall, but I am also a nurse, and I live in New Jersey. Feel free to add me a friend! I have been here for about 5 months and I have lost over 40 lbs. I am also a doula and an aspiring midwife! All three of my children were born naturally and the last two were both waterbirths!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Damn it! I though this was a dating profile. :explode:
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a "zombie obstacle courses" and how do I do it? :)
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    Damn it! I though this was a dating profile. :explode:

no sir, haha!
  • mary_kate23
    Options

www.runforyourlives.com

it's a 5k obstacle course.. zombies chasing you the whole time, trying to get flags off your hips. this'll be my first, i'm running the boston one May 5th, and Baltimore in october!
  • sanaabid
    sanaabid Posts: 7
    Options
    It sounds fun...!!
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as a friend. I too, am looking for a few other active friends who can both motivate and inspire me. I'm a runner/cyclist, currently down with a fresh injury. But I'm making the effort to maintain my activity and keep my calories within goal.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

www.runforyourlives.com

it's a 5k obstacle course.. zombies chasing you the whole time, trying to get flags off your hips. this'll be my first, i'm running the boston one May 5th, and Baltimore in october!

I am also doing that Zombie Run!