Body Fat

Options
How in the heck do you lose body fat????

I did a No Sugar Challenge in Feb for 30days, my last day was 3.16 and I lost a total of 11.75% of body fat. Did new measurements today and I've increased by at least 2%,,,,,HELP!:cry:

Replies

• spekkio12345
    spekkio12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you follow the caloric recommendations of this site based on your goals, day after day, week after week then your body fat percentage will continue to decrease. If you are already at your ideal weight, then reduce body fat by lifting weights and other strength training.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit and weight lifting.
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Im already strengh training with my trainer 2x a week and I follow the 1400 cals. I'm going to have to cut down on my intake, like instead of 2 slices of bread, eat 1 slice.,,,stuff like that...
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to cut down just cut out certain things. I took a look at your diary and honestly you could make some different choices. Are you measuring things correctly? For example you calculated you ate 1 oz of a McDonalds Sausage Egg Biscuit; that would be like a bite or 2.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    also eating more protein and less carbs seems to help a lot of people gain muscle.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Why not just up your workouts instead of cutting out stuff? if your working out twice a week make it 3 or 4 .., no need to sacrifice proper nutrition
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    1. Eat a calorie deficit under TDEE (maintenance).
    2. Eat .75 to 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass to assist in retaining it.
    3. Incorporate a resistance weight training program, and lift heavy.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that helped me lose body fat was cutting out bread and pasta (even whole wheat). Instead of regular pasta I use either spaghetti squash or brown rice pasta because it's lower on the glycemic index.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Im already strengh training with my trainer 2x a week and I follow the 1400 cals. I'm going to have to cut down on my intake, like instead of 2 slices of bread, eat 1 slice.,,,stuff like that...

I don't think going lower than 1400 calories is a good idea. 2% is within the error of most body fat measurements. If you've lose weight, you've probably lose fat and a muscle in about the same proportions meaning your body fat percentage remained approximately the same. Everyone loses some muscle when they diet. This can be minimized by having a small-moderate calorie deficit, eating enough protein, and lifting weights. Your calorie deficit might already be "too big" so going lower would be bad in terms of muscle loss.