Coffee creamers - reduced calorie

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
what are your favorite reduced fat coffee creamers - maybe something with a little flavor? i'm not a huge fan of the taste of coffee but i can drink it with the right creamer. just want to cut calories if at all possible. any suggestions. and yes i know, black coffee would cut the most calories or not drinking it at all... yada yada... but i do want to drink it so i'm looking for some ideas

Replies

• Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have been using almond milk. I gave up creamer with calorie counting and was using skim milk but recently discovered almond milk and love it.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    You can et flavored Stevia, Some are good in coffee, some like Root Beer are good in water.

A link to some examples on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Stevia-Trial-Flavor-flavors/dp/B000IUOBM0
  • Jennalynna777
    Options
    I use International Creamer - Sugar Free - Hazelnut flavor. It is really good and low on calories!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I buy flavored coffee. The flavoring oils add very little calories and then I just use Stevia. I used to be a creamer-a-holic...not anymore.

Today I had Devil's Food Cake flavored coffee. YUM
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Coffee Mate's Reduced Calorie French Vanilla. Take that, plus French Vanilla flavored coffee and a packet of Stevia & I am good to go! (Bad logging confession: I never log that because my one cup of coffee is as essential to my day as water, so I'm not going to beat myself up if I go over my calories thanks to my coffee creamer. :laugh:)
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can et flavored Stevia, Some are good in coffee, some like Root Beer are good in water.

There is flavored Stevia??? I'm going to have to track that down!!
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    I make my own. Not exactly low calorie, but full of flavor without all the added chemicals and junk. Everything I buy to go into it I buy organic.

http://www.skinnymomskitchen.com/2012/01/23/homemade-french-vanilla-coffee-creamer/
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I buy flavored coffee. The flavoring oils add very little calories and then I just use Stevia. I used to be a creamer-a-holic...not anymore.

Today I had Devil's Food Cake flavored coffee. YUM

That sounds yummy!

I drink flavored coffees (today was Mudslide and Island Coconut) with mini moo's. They are half and half and only 10 calories a piece.
  • tiggerzshorty
    Options
    I stick with sugar free creamers and I do flavored coffee. I add no sugar just creamer sometimes a sugar free syrup like vanilla or hazelnut. :) I love coffee! My breakfast is coffee then about a hour later I'll eat a small breakfast.
  • lnfunchess
    Options
    Stay away form "fake" sweetners. They are not good for your body. You will do better by having the real half and half cream in moderation. At least you know what it is!! I don't eat thing I can't pronounce. Have you ever looked at the stuff in the fake creamers?
  • firelady74
    Options
    I like my coffee with just half n half... so to cut calories I reduced my half n half and added a little coffeemate for a more "creamy" taste. There's lots of good ideas on here and I think that's wonderful... great topic! ;0)
    Oh and P.S. I brew my coffee with a little cinnamon... absolutely LOVE the flavor! Happy Nutrition!
    Maria
  • natalienovella88
    Options
    i like the coffee mate sugar free french vanilla powder creamer. I only put half a tablespoon in and it is only 15 cals.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options

There is flavored Stevia??? I'm going to have to track that down!!

See edited post for link. There is a raspberry or mixed berry that was good in both the coffee and water.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Whatever has the fewest number of ingredients. I like vanilla soy creamer and some of the new natural/organic ones.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i never thought about brewing coffee with cinnamon but i bet that woudl be really good! nutmeg might be good in it too.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like sugar-free hazelnut and french vanilla with splenda. It's my one "horrible" habit.