NEW HRM SUGGESTIONS

Options
Hi everybody! I was actually looking for suggestions. I was not really looking to spend more than $50 but will pay more if product is amazing. I've hit a plateau and I'd really like to c how much I actually burn during workouts instead of guessing. I've never had a HRM either so any info on what they do would be great :). Thanks in advance

Replies

• lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well, I have a New Balance N4 HRM w/ chest strap and I love it because it's designed for women. It has a chest strap with a sensor that goes right below your bra. The sensor picks up your heart rate and communicates it to the watch. Once you enter your height, weight, age and heart rate zone range (low and high), it uses that info to calculate your calories burned. I've had it for a little over a month, and it has really changed the way I workout. It cost me $60 on amazon, but you can probably find it cheaper. Hope this helps!
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Ft40F and love it. The chest strap is very comfortable and it is easy to use. There are 2 views you can use while working out: - either see your heart rate and what "zone" you are in; or you can switch to just the heart rate. It will tell you how many calories you burned, what % from fat, average heart rate, maximum heart rate, and more. It also saves your previous workouts so you can go back and see how you have done before.
  • cindyluu17
    Options
    Thank u for replies :).. So is it better if it has a chest strap or strapless? I just didn't know if with a strap if it's uncomfortable.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 is definitely the way to go!! It has a chest strap and it's comfortable. I wear mine everyday while working out/ cleaning ect so I know exactly how many cals I burn now. I just found it online for $64.... I paid $89. A HRM without the chest strap (unless you pay an arm and leg) is not going to be as accurate as the ones with the chest strap! This is definitely a staple in fitness!!!
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 and am very happy with it. It does have the chest strap and is very easy to read. ****'s has them for $109. I like the fact that is shows if you are burning fat or if you're improving fitness.
  • mpeugh28
    mpeugh28 Posts: 14
    Options
    I got a MIO watch and abosultely love it. I purchased it for $69.00 at Academy.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like my New balance Duo sport W/ chest strap.
    It's programmable to your specifications ht, wt, age, gender, & gives you the option to beep when your under/in/above target zones. Shows calories burned. & has a ton of other features i haven't explored yet like lap timers & stuff. It was on sale @ Target for around $60 or $70.
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Timex Ironman Roadmaster watch! It comes with a chest strap and it's just fantastic. I don't think I can say much more than that. It will probably run you around 100 dollars dependsing on where you get it from. I highly recommend this watch!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I understand that the strap is better because it will give you a more accurate reading. For the strapless ones, I believe (???) you have to hold your finger on the watch to get a reading, which would be awfully annoying in a short amount of time!
  • cindyluu17
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replies. Now I understand that strap. I can't wait to order me one. I feel like its what I'm missing in my routine. :)