I want to eat a pan of magic cookie bars.......

Options
I am soo depressed today. usually I use my feelings to get motivated. Today however, I am too down to do anything. I seriously want to make and eat an entire pan of magic cookie bars! I know I shouldnt but need a little motivation or laughs.....something to get my head above this water! thanks
How do you cope with sad days?

Replies

• sevesmith
    sevesmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Get out in the sunshine if you can, breath the fresh air. Leaving the house, but not the grocery store often helps me curb the cravings, then I feel better when I get home and there's no time to make goodies.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm weird, but when I get sad I tend not to eat as much and when I'm in a good mood I eat more.

Anyways, what I do is play solitaire on my computer. I can play for hours on end. If I get a bad craving I do that and by the time I've played about 50 games... it's been a few hours and it's gone haha
  • karavanderkooy
    karavanderkooy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feed my face full of air popped popcorn with Kernels Dill pickle seasoning on top! I am still eating, just not the bad stuff! Go out and do something that you enjoy, like a bike ride, hike or go shopping for something for yourself! Shopping always makes me feel better!
  • jdancer369
    Options
    Thanks! I really should go outside, I think that will help. I f nothing else it will get me away from the kitchen!
    I tried going shopping (which always helps) but didnt even want to buy anything! thats when I knew I was in trouble!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I try to get out or workout out or something.

I find if I eat the food, I just get sadder.
  • jdancer369
    Options
    just for fun I checked the kcals....one serving 167 the whole pan of 36....... 6012 calories! that helped a little! I will not eat all of them now!!
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am soo depressed today. usually I use my feelings to get motivated. Today however, I am too down to do anything. I seriously want to make and eat an entire pan of magic cookie bars! I know I shouldnt but need a little motivation or laughs.....something to get my head above this water! thanks
    How do you cope with sad days?

Is that the one with chocolate chips, coconut, and graham cracker crust? LOL
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't think having one every now and then is bad....but the whole pan might not be a good idea. Go outside, take a walk, listen to the birds, get the sun on your face. call a friend. Go to Humane Society and play with the animals...that is sure to put a smile on your face. You are strong. You can get through this day successfully!
  • jdancer369
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Yes they are.....so good!
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Yes they are.....so good!

My wonderful wife makes them around the holidays. I didn't like coconut before I met her! :laugh: Of course they are now not on our primal menu. :(
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I usually take a long walk when I feel like that - plus it helps clear my mind. I'd rather do that than eat a whole pan of goodies because if I ate the goodies, I'd feel even worse afterwards - both sick to my stomach and sick that I ate that many calories.

Hang in there!
  • jdancer369
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I did go out and no, I DIDNT eat even one!! thanks for the support!! I am not as depressed now and feeling like I can handle things.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Magic cookies bars??? Oooohhh, I don't know what that is but I want some. How long does the magic last?
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I go outside and just walk and every step I take I curse all the people and things that upset me and by the time I'm done I would have burnt some calories and feel so much better.

I also tell God that I was just venting and to not really kill those people I mentioned when I'm done. God seems to always understand and blesses me with another day to feel better
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Magic cookie bars??? If those are anything like special brownies, I'll take a dozen!
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Get outside. The fresh air always perks me up. Or, if it's raining, go to the gym. Nothing like those good endorphins after a good workout! I sent you a friend request btw. Hope I can help cheer you up!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    They had them in the dining hall on the university campus where I work today! I saw a girl with a plate of at least two dozen magic cookie bars, getting ready to smuggle them out. I think everybody loves those bars! :laugh:

I had originally planned on eating one of the magic cookie bars... but then my attention was drawn to chocolate chip cookie s'mores - two warm chocolate chip cookies with a toasted marshmallow in the middle! Yikes!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends makes them, and they come out perfect every time! I can't even eat one anymore, because I can't stop. :ohwell: Definitely stay out of the kitchen!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I run a bath, add my favorite bath salts, and have a good sigh/cry if needed. I also tend to find a bunch of things to do to occupy my time.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Magic cookies bars??? Oooohhh, I don't know what that is but I want some. How long does the magic last?

Not long! I have 1/2 one wrapped up in my purse from a local cafe... it's been in there since Sunday. I forced my self to stop eating it because I figured it was awful to have the whole thing, and it WAS!

Magic lasted about 2 hours. Not worth 500 cals!