good books

Options
jmessina205
jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
Just finished reading The Hunger Games, they were absolutely fabulous!! Anyways looking for something good to read....suggestions please :)

Replies

• farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Requiem for a Dream is hard work, horrifically depressing but still so worth it, and the film is the best film ever made so watch that too! If you're looking for something much lighter/easier, read the Edge chronicles. Children's books but the illustrations are beautiful and the fantasy world is so detailed and...like well thought out. It seems real :p
  • Chauntane
    Chauntane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI.. I just recently read the Hunger Games trilogy as well. I enjoyed them to! If you are into supernatural/vampire type stuff, the Black Dagger Brotherhood series is really good. I also recently read The Help. Great book.. BUT hated the movie! Happy reading :)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Divergent- very similar to the HUnger Games : )
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Bump
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I read HUNGER GAMES yesterday, just the first book. could not put it down. Ready for number 2.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    OK...has anyone read 50 Shades of Grey? I have never heard of this book until yesterday...then it seems like it is all that people are talking about. Is it worth the time to read?
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    The Sookie Stackhouse series. There have already been so many books written it will keep you satisfied for a while.

14839892.png
  • kap89
    kap89 Posts: 15
    Options
    ii really enjoyed the uglies series by scott westerfield!
    this thread is going to be good for me since i am compiling a summer reading list!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There is a trilogy out - 3rd book still not released. It's called Matched and #2 is called Crossed. It's a totally different type of world in the future like the Hunger Games. Very cool!
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Great book but I bawled like a baby!!

Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    bump for later when I can contribute some good books!
  • angelskye6
    angelskye6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Thirteenth Tale, which is very entertaining. If you want more serious/heavy material, then I loved the memoirs Girl in a Green Sweater, Blue Nights, and Reading Lolita in Tehran. Jodi Picolt's stuff is always good to read. The Passage was supernatural/sci fi and really good, and I can't wait for the sequel 2012 to come out later this year. Gosh, I'm a HUGE book nerd and frequent flyer at the public library. I've got the Hunger Games and Game of Thrones series on my Kindle, but I just haven't started reading them yet.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    OK...has anyone read 50 Shades of Grey? I have never heard of this book until yesterday...then it seems like it is all that people are talking about. Is it worth the time to read?

I just started reading this for a book club....and the beginning of a book has to catch me right away, with that said Im into chapter 5 and still look for that "catch". :)
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    The Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy. It is on the best seller list and they are turning it into a movie. Great read for women :wink:
  • BradT1974
    BradT1974 Posts: 22
    Options
    You can't go wrong reading "The Road' by Cormac McCarthy. One of the greatest books ever created. Ever.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The Passage by Justin Cronin

LOVED the Stieg Larrson trilogy!!!
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options

Yes!!! Absolutely yes. I heard so much about it and am now on the 3rd one. I breezed through the first two.
  • angelskye6
    angelskye6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump so i can read suggestions later
  • the sword of truth series.
    They sound really geeky but they are amazing believe me. The only problem is how long they are and how many books there are but they are worth it. Also if you haven't read Harry Potter read them, they are a definite must read. The uglies, pretties, and specials series is really good as well. I also recommend the host. Their are just to many good books out there! It depends also on which type of genre you like to read.