can you keep off the weight without exercise?

If you want to lose weight without exercise does your calories have to be very low?

If you have lost weight and don't exercise is it hard to keep weight off?

I ask am asking for the ones who are unable to do exercise, I know exercise is good for the body and mind, but right now it's not something that can be done. thanks

Replies

• sr4ca
    sr4ca Posts: 43
    I'm not exercising (yet). Have been pretty steady losing the 1 pound a week. But I do intend to start doing something once I get to my first goal weight.

By the way, your pics are fab!!!!!:wink:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Exercise is not required for weight loss. Weight loss is about being at a health caloric deficit from your TDEE, which can be done through proper eating.

Exercise is not required to keep weight off. Maintenance is about healthy eating at maintenance level.
  • awilde4
    awilde4 Posts: 16 Member
    I lost about 30lbs last year and then hurt my back and literally spent the summer lying on my living room floor.

I gained back about 15 pounds.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Just eat under TDEE and you won't gain. If you are gaining, you aren't eating under TDEE.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 492 Member
    Personally, I can't. Even I stick to my reccomended calorie intake, I don't lose unless I move more than usual, and I have quite an active job. I do Just dance on the Wii, and Wii fit, also walking my dog. To be honest, I don't do any excersice I don't enjoy! I'm not confident enough to go to a gym, which is why using the kids Wii to excercise is perfect for me! :o)
  • Thank you sooooo much everyone!!! I was just wondering and you have provided some helpful answers
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I lost about 30lbs last year and then hurt my back and literally spent the summer lying on my living room floor.

I gained back about 15 pounds.
    That doesn't mean anything. You gained weight because you ate more than you burned.