Protein

Options
I've been so focused on what I'm eating too much of that I've only just noticed I'm not getting even half the protein recommended every day.

Can anyone recommend an easy source of protein? I'm not a big meat eater, although I try to have chicken once a week, and a few eggs as well. I can see why I'm not getting enough protein!

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I'm always over on my protein....my diary is open if you want to take a look for ideas! :)
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    I'm always way over my protein limit, but I figure, if I'm going to pick one to get too much of, good thing it's protein and not fat or carbs!
    If you like shake mixes at all, I've been using Slim-Fast's 1-2-3 Creamy Chocolate Shake Powder. You can get a high-protein version that has 15 grams of protein in one scoop (a serving size). If you blend it with 1 cup of soy milk, which I do, you get an extra 6 grams of protein there.
  • Caniacgirl59
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I get protein from Greek yogurt (love it!), almonds, eggs, low fat cheese, peanut butter, meat substitutes like veggie burgers, and beans. Greek yogurt is my go to for afternoon snacks or sometimes a quick lunch. Nuts and nut butters are good sources, they just have a lot of fat and calories so I have to watch my portions. Soy milk also has protein and the light version has way less calories than milk.
  • chetnabhatt
    Options
    lentils my friend is the answer to your question. Most of the days I am over the protein recommended to me:grumble: and then I workout in order to compensate. :bigsmile:
  • C4r4W4de
    C4r4W4de Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm usually at least 30 grams over on my protein intake. The protein in my diet consists of a lot of skim milk, protein shakes (I like EAS brand because it's high protein, but low cal), eggs, greek yogurt, chicken breast, beans, low-fat cheese sticks, PB2, and cottage cheese. BTW, I contribute my weight loss to FINALLY realizing how important protein is for your body. Of course all of this protein is paired with high fiber fruits and vegetables and complex carbs.