KASHI - Be Aware! GMO's

Options
“You might be wondering where your favorite Kashi cereals have gone. It has recently come to our attention that 100% of the soy used in Kashi products is Genetically Modified, and that when the USDA tested the grains used there were found to be pesticides that are known carcinogens and hormone disruptors.”

The above is posted on many signs in many natural grocers, such as the Wholefoods near me. I wanted to make everyone aware. Sometimes even reading labels isn't enough!! :angry:

Replies

• tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Crazy! I saw this like 4 days ago and had to clean out the cabinets and go to my moms and do the same.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!! I haven't seen the signs anywhere yet but I do love my Kashi so I'll be on the lookout for more info!

Thanks again!
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    Thanks for the info!! I haven't seen the signs anywhere yet but I do love my Kashi so I'll be on the lookout for more info!

Thanks again!

A quick Google search for Kashi and GMO will bring you up plenty of info.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I just found out about this about and hour ago too.
    Very disappointing.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,968 Member
    Options
    Kellogg using GMO, no, say it isn't so........:devil:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I love the non-GMO project and verification, but some of what they verify is silly. There aren't any ingredients in those products that would be GM anyway. It's great that they probably got their only products that don’t contain soy, corn, or canola non-GMO verified, but I find it misleading. Avoiding GMOs to me is not just about single products. I want to support entire companies with better overall practices than that. It’s like “greenwashing” to me or “natural” labels.

Not trying to tell you all what you should do – just throwing the information and opinion out there.
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options

I love the non-GMO project and verification, but some of what they verify is silly. There aren't any ingredients in those products that would be GM anyway. It's great that they probably got their only products that don’t contain soy, corn, or canola non-GMO verified, but I find it misleading. Avoiding GMOs to me is not just about single products. I want to support entire companies with better overall practices than that. It’s like “greenwashing” to me or “natural” labels.

Not trying to tell you all what you should do – just throwing the information and opinion out there.

Yes, thank you! I'm currently drinking a non-GMO glass of water - meaningless!!