Alternative

Options
Normally for breakfast i have 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese (110 cals, 5 carbs, 3 fat, 15 protein)

i'm looking for an alternative thats close to the same amount of cals and carbs to stick within my daily limit, but i have no clue!

i don't eat meat or eggs and yogurt makes me sick....help!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more for breakfast :bigsmile: What about cereal? There are some good ones by kashi, go lean, and many others, just stick to whole grains and you can use soy milk or low fat milk in it... hope this helps!

~Leash :heart:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Quarter cup of Oatmeal, if you want low cal. If you want to up the cals a little add some nuts or something.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i switch between oatmeal and cereal...maybe you should try a meal replacement shake....????
  • kermiefan
    Options
    If you like the dairy and protein factor of the cottage cheese, what about greek yogurt? It has twice the protein as regular yogurt. :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Normally for breakfast i have 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese (110 cals, 5 carbs, 3 fat, 15 protein)

i'm looking for an alternative thats close to the same amount of cals and carbs to stick within my daily limit, but i have no clue!

i don't eat meat or eggs and yogurt makes me sick....help!

Jayy Robb protein shakes.............

It is all natural, sweetened with Stevia (not splenda or aspartame).
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    You should be eating more for breakfast :bigsmile: What about cereal? There are some good ones by kashi, go lean, and many others, just stick to whole grains and you can use soy milk or low fat milk in it... hope this helps!

~Leash :heart:

i have a curves granola bar and some kind of fruit with my breakfast as well.

i'm not much into cereal (except fruit loops, lol!)
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    yikes, i just checked the carb count on fruit loops....24g!!

bumping for more ideas
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    string cheese