Need more protein?

Options
rachelfaith92
rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
What things can I eat besides egg whites, protein bars/shakes that aren't attached to high carb or fat levels? I really need more protein and am having a hard time finding things to eat to get that protein.

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Turkey, chicken, fish, eggs, peanuts, peanut butter, cottage cheese, protein shakes, protein bars.

Change your caloric goal to 40% carb 30% protein 30% fat.

Protein is one of the best things to put into your body.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Meat
    Greek Yogurt (plain)
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Edemame
    Cheeses
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Chicken breast, fish, turkey, light soy milk, nuts, greek yogurt. Lots of things!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Quinona
    Olives
    Low fat meat...ie chicken breast
  • urbancyclist
    Options
    and don't be afraid to eat the eat yellow along with the white. That's where the nutrients are at. Fat doesn't make you fat, sugar does.
  • urbancyclist
    Options
    Further, for me, the best carbs are protein carbs. Beans, beans, beans. Lentils, black beans, garbanzo beans, all high in protein. Useful carbs!!
  • Craigggggggggg
    Options
    Try fat free cottage cheese and tuna.

I'm not sure if you would like those two foods or not, but they are both high in protein and low in carbs and fats.
  • LisaManySongs
    Options
    bump
  • tsjwj
    tsjwj Posts: 2
    Options
    try pro complex creamy vanilla mix with sugarfree orange drink mix and ice taste great, i get mine at cones health food store 130 cal and 2 carbs thats for 1 scoop 30 grams protien
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I am going grocery shopping this weekend and am specifically seeking out high protein foods
    :smile:
  • catintheshell
    Options
    bumping this for ideas because i need more protein as well!