jillian michaels ripped in 30... any tips?

Options
Hello everyone!

I bought jillian michaels ripped in 30... now I just have to force/motivate myself to do it! I will start doing it tomorrow but before I do, just wanted to know if anyone else had done this? Any tips?
Have you tried any other of her videos? Did it make a difference?

Thank you all....
xxxx

Replies

• mumto2As
    mumto2As Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm on day 2 of Week 4.

Tip: Just keep going!! The week gets better (wouldn't say easier) as you go on & it is so worth it. You will need hand weights (if you haven't already got some) or tins

I have completed Shred (& then some) before moving on to Ripped & prior to that I had been exercising Davina for well over a year but I felt so unfit when I started Shred. I highly recommend Jillian Michaels, I shall be looking out for more of her DVD's. I have lost inches (I had lost weight before starting but was looking more to toning up) & I feel fitter.
    I really hope you enjoy it :happy:
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    thank you soooo much for your tips and post! Tomorrow is a big day!!! Do u recommend any specific weights? btw how did you log your workouts for the DVD in the exercise section?

many thanks xxx
    :))))
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    No matter how bad you want to. No matter how sore you get, don't give up. The results are incredible. Good luck.
  • SBerrio
    SBerrio Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually started yesterday! I'm using 8lb weights. But for the flys I will need to get 5lbs.
    Good luck!
    I am also going to purchase her AB DVD.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I just did the first video an hour ago and thought I might die *LOL* But without feeling like death, I'll just stay fat, so.... ya know.
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    I will do my best not to give up!!!! I am determined!!!

Wow if anyone else is doing it, plz add me as a friend so we can support each other!!!

thanks a lot!!!

:))))
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Thanks for all of the posts regarding this topic....I am starting this either tonight or tomorrow...:smile:
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not sure yet about Ripped in 30 but I recently started 30 Day Shred and I'm loving it. Very hard but in a good way! Plan on doing Ripped in 30 next. Good luck :)
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow but I have no weights! pppaaaniccc!!!
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    ty all for your lovely comments!! :)))
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Do more stretching on your own before you start. Week 1 seems to have a lot of bending at the waist types of moves, and the stretching in the DVD is not adequate.

I hurt my back after doing 2 days of Ripped in 30. I've done JM's 30-Day Shred, and am in pretty decent shape, but I still ended up hurt. I'm still dying 10 days later, and have had to stop all my exercising until my back improves. My bf also tried Ripped in 30 and thought some of the moves were unsafe unless you've stretched enough.

Otherwise I've liked JM's DVDs, she does get results. Good luck.
  • susanna060408
    susanna060408 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There is a group for the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. You should check it out and join. Most of us came from the 30 Day Shred group and will be starting the Ripped in the next week or so. With her work outs, you just have to go for it. They are always hard at first but with time they get easier as you get stronger. Good luck!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My best tip would be to watch the following week before actually doing it so you can get familiar with some of the moves. I just went from week 1 to 2 and WOW! Big difference! LOL I loved week 1 though. I also go 3, 5, 8 and 10 lb weights and a yoga mat if you have a hard floor...lots of up and down
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of week one with Ripped in 30 and yes, it's worth it. I take classes at the gym and lift heavy weights but Jillian still kicks my butt and gives me results.

I use a variety of hand weights. For some of the moves I use 5's and others 8's and some 10's. I'm also doing her 6 week 6 pack on alternating days and more recently I do the videos back to back. I recommend it as well. It's a great work out.

Good luck!!!
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Lots of water. Just keep going even if you can't keep up, eventually you'll get stronger and be able to keep up.

Also, protect your knees! My left knee was screaming during about 1/4 of the exercises. I did a little online research and I found that some people blow out their knees doing her workouts. If your knees start hurting, pay more attention to your position and posture and alter it a bit to take some of the stress off. I also wear well cushioned shoes on carpet or a mat because of all of the jumping. Drinking lots of water will also help cushion your joints.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Why wait until tomorrow? You will love it. I am on wk 2 day 3. Love it-awesome that it is over with in about 25 min. I suggest you watch week one before you start. Enjoy.
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    I shall defo stretch n drink lots of water :))) I also joined Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 groups - ty for that!!!

ty all for your comments and support!!! off to study for my exam tomorrow now!!! xxx
  • SBerrio
    SBerrio Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Last night was Day 2. My hamstrings are super sore! But love it!
  • Melisluv
    Melisluv Posts: 2
    Options
    I just finished the Ripped in 30 DVD and my results are impressive. My before and after picture is my main profile picture if you'd like to see. I would totally recommend this workout. It works if you stick with it. Good luck! P.S. I just had a baby 5 months ago.:)
  • sweetaddict15
    sweetaddict15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of week 1and its so hard for me!! How are you putting it in your calorie counter??