4 days from completing P90x before / after pics...

Options

Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your journey! I always felt like I was too heavy to be plateauing this early....seems like what I really need to do is switch it into high gear like you did. Best of luck to you and congrats on your new baby!
  • wallypike
    wallypike Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. You have every right to be proud of your success and accomplishments so far! I really would like to try to do P90X but I'm afraid I just won't be able to do it yet...maybe after I lose a little more and feel more confident in my ability to survive it. LOL!

Congratulations and best wishes on your next challenge! :)

Thanks Laurie !

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

I think its a great idea to start p90x !! When I first started the program I am not gonna lie it was hard I could not do close to the amount of reps that they were doing on the video. But, each workout I would set my goals a little higher than I had did the previous workout and try to surpass my goal. I started seeing my numbers go up workouts that I originally was hating were becoming my favorites. I also didn't let my ego get in the way of what I was trying to accomplish if I felt like my form was going bad or I had to much weight I would pause or restart that exercise. Quality over quantity and I knew if I did cheat on the exercises the only person that what know and it would affect is myself. The great thing about p90x is it requires nothing but some good equipment , good nutrition( it takes will power I went a party the other day with all kinds of great food there but I knew it was gonna be there so I brought my own lunch =), a place to do it and the will power to keep it up for 90 days. I remember before I started it and I was trying to get in shape I would go to the gym and I felt like I had a microscope on me from all the fit people in there ready to critique what or how I working out since I was so obese. So good luck and congrats on deciding to take this journey down the road to healthy living !!!P90x is kinda like when you first learn to ride a bike . you have mini steps to take and eventually you rip the training wheels off, and BRING IT! My only regret is I didnt start it all long time ago . I originally thought P90x doubles would be my next path but I knew in my heart to get to where I want to be Insanity was the better choice. I think it was choice all along but I think deep down inside I was intimidated by it... I cant and wont accept that. I can accept failure but not I cant accept not trying . Good luck on on journey to getting fit=) you can do it!

~Wally
    "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    you are awesome and a total inspiration to all. Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I know you feel great too!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Did you start this with no formal exercise? because I am really impressed.
  • wallypike
    Options
    You look great! And WAR EAGLE! Are you from Bama?

Thank you thank you . I am from North Alabama .

~ W A R E A G L E ~

Aww...Small world, me too! North Alabama to be exact! Like 15-20 min south of Cullman :)

I'm in Florence, AL I went to UNA in my younger days... lol
    Just a huge Auburn fan =)
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Oh n did you have to buy weights n resistance bands? How long did you have to work out on the first dvd?
  • Neen79
    Neen79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby and the amazing weightloss!! You look great. I've been afraid to try P90X and Insanity because I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up. I have a fear of failure which is exactly the reason I'm over weight. But you have inspired me to give it a whirl. I hope to one day post such great before and after pics one day as well. Keep up the great work.
  • wallypike
    Options
    Thanks,
    Nope , was already in the process of getting on the treadmill every other day for about a month ( doing 45-60 walk/jog)till my body grew a tolerance to what I was doing and I plateaued. While waiting for the p90x discs to arrive I would go on Comcast on demand and do the free exercises they offer in to try and better to prepare myself for what was to come. It helped but the second day after plyo the next morning when I could barely get out of bed I knew I was on the right track.

~Wally
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Nice going!
    Thanks guys and gals ! I have roughly 2 weeks from now till ill be digging down deeper than I ever have and re- Bringing it on Insanity!! I may not be at my goal yet but everyday Im one step closer than I was.

You're not at your goal? I can't imagine what your goal might be.
  • dawnmarie1981
    Options
    Awesome, great job!!!
  • courtcluv
    Options
    Wow ... great job!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    HOLY S*** DUDE! AWESOME!!!!:bigsmile:
  • wallypike
    Options

Oh n did you have to buy weights n resistance bands? How long did you have to work out on the first dvd?

yes you do have to have the right equipment but you can get at any wal-mart , k-mart or store that sells exercise equipment. Trust me it a small price to pay to be able to work out in your home and not pay a gym membership or the rising gas cost to get to and from . Each disc is around a hour long with a warm and and cool down . You don't have to keep up with them as they go , if you feel over whelmed or need to break all you do is pause. As time goes by the need to do that lessens and goes away.

~Wally
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options
    you looks absolutely amazing! great work!
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WOW - just WOW! Hope it's ok that I friend request you - i need all the help i can get! congrats on the baby AND the weight loss. My kiddo is 12 now and i've been trying to lose weight for 20+ years! a near death health scare in December (that had nothing to do with my weight) has made me want to do this even more but i've just recently been released by the doctor to start exercising and was told to do only walking for now - I used to love to kickbox but have been advised against it until my pulmonary embolisms (yes I had 4) are more resolved than they are currently are - started with 4 of them with one being extremely large & now 1 is completely gone, 2 are only residual & the largest one is still there but considerably smaller than it was when i was admitted into the ICU. I signed up over a year ago but only got serious about it within the last few weeks - I could use seeing your story on a regular basis to remind me it CAN be done. Kudos to you and to your family that you will, no doubt, be around for!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I am hoping to start p90x soon. I would love to be able to see some nice results.
  • cookierinthia
    cookierinthia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! Congrats!! You're an inspiration!
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing transformation. I have the Insanity program and was planning to start it, but I have a 5k to run in May and figured I need to focus on running right now. However, I started following the Insanity diet plan and in 4 weeks have lost 7.3lbs, my goal is 20lbs. After the 5k I am going to start the Insanity program along with the diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!