Favorite Protein Shake?

Options
I'm looking to add a protein shake to my day as a replacement for either breakfast or lunch (sometimes both on busy days). What does everyone recommend? I've liked Slim Fast and Special K in the past but want more variety than just chocolate after the first week. I also would like it to be ready-made, grab-and-go, but if I have to mix it up I have one of those cups with the blender ball thing.

So what does everyone recommend???

Replies

• JJacks23
    JJacks23 Posts: 19
    Options
    I really like the GNC Lean Shakes. They come in either the powder form or ready to go shakes. They have a variety of flavors. My favorite flavor is the vanilla bean. The rich chocolate is pretty good as well. Although I have never tried the ones that are pre-made, I like the shakes that come in powder form. I mix my shakes with ice and soy milk so that I can get more calcium since I don't drink milk. You can mix them with fruit, fruit juice or flavored syrups to name a few.
  • chriscreq
    chriscreq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I have the GNC Lean protein chocolate shake, and i am approaching the end of the barrel, this weekend I MUST buy it. Maybe i should try the prepackaged ones =)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My favorite brand is Dymatize. Right now I have the peanut butter chocolate, pina colada, cappuccino rush, and cookies and cream flavors. The pina colada is my least favorite, but it's not bad tasting, it just seems to foam a lot. The cappuccino rush is a little too sweet for me, so I add some instant iced coffee to it and it's great. The peanut butter chocolate and cookies and cream ones are fantastic! They're the whey and casein blend with fiber, so they're a bit higher in calories (around 190 instead of 130), but they taste better and have 5 grams of fiber. I'm going to try the chocolate mint next; I've heard it's like drinking a Girl Scout thin mint cookie shake :D