New from WW

Options
I was introduced to MFP from a chat room on WW online and I thought it was so much better for me.
All I need now is to throw myself into the community!
Thought I'd start by introducing myself.

I am a 22 year old gal from Calgary Alberta and I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. In my 5th grade diaries I scrawled on every page, "I'm too fat." "I'm so much bigger then the other girls" "no boy will like me."
Luckily when I started to grow vertically my fat was evenly distributed across my bod so I don't look my weight. This just helped me avoid getting fit. If no one knows exactly how much I weigh I don't need to make a big deal about it. I gained more.

I was in an unhealthy relationship for three years and the guy would tell me what I could and couldn't eat. So of course when I was away from him all I did was eat everything he told me not to. In the relationship I gained 30 pounds quickly and when we broke up I gained another 40 when I turned to booze for comfort.

Now I'm in my first year of Journalism and all my clothes fit funny, recently my bra has started to dig in to my back ughh and I know that the LaSenza by my house doesn't have a larger band size. Problem. When I checked my B.M.I it suggested I lose 50+ pounds to get into a healthy range. That is a skinny fifth grader...FML.

I'm really uncomfortable in my own skin, I don't even want to get intimate with my boyfriend now, unless of course the lights are off and I'm in a t-shirt.

Moral of the story is its time to make a change. A drastic change at that. WW didn't work for me this time around. I would lose 5 pounds and put it all right back on. So I'm going to give this a try.

I downloaded the ap and I'm ready to track honestly. I'm ready to finally shed these pounds.

Replies

• veobrien
    veobrien Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    *Wave* Hello!

You can so do this!! If you need a friend along the way, feel free to add me. I'm from the UK, I log every day... and I've lost around 30lbs from my heaviest weight. It can be done, and it can be fun along the way!

I was a member of WW too! The community here is way better and a great motivation and, with the money you save on WW membership, you can buy new clothes as your body slims down with what you learn! ;-)
  • Wimbledongal
    Wimbledongal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm over from WW too - will add you both and we can try together to get out of the 'points' mode!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm over from WW too - will add you both and we can try together to get out of the 'points' mode!

Getting out of "points" mode is easy, because on MFP you're tracking calories and (for best results) the three components that make up calories: fat, carbs, and protein. No mystery, no need to subscribe to a site that changes the rules under you all the time, no voodoo math. Pick how fast you want to lose weight, log everything you eat and all the exercise you do, and stick with it.
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tried WW too and couldn't get it at all! A lovely friend had been doing MFP and got good results! I've been logging on for nearly 100 days and I've lost 26lbs!

It is my bible, I log on after every meal and every time I need to log food or exercise. I'd be lost without it! I need to lose another 70lbs so I'll be here for a while, but the great thing is, it doesn't feel like a "diet", because it's not! It just makes you more mindful about what and how much you eat and exercise, which can only be good!

Feel free to add me ...

Good luck!!
    Lorraine
  • mndburrell
    Options
    Tried WW a number of times myself and I am so glad I found this site I like it much better.
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    Good Luck. I am 57 years old, 5'3 inches, I know you Candian's use the metric system, but what can I say. I have lost weight various times on WW & it was good. After Christmas I decided to try WW again, at work, but is was very disorganized & strange & I found this site & it was free. I needed to lost 30 lbs to get to a healthy BMI & last Sunday I hit it. I know you can too. The people are very supportive, they provide recipes & encouragement. If I can do it you can too.
  • SheAintGivinqUp160
    SheAintGivinqUp160 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    hello new friend !!

i promise you , you will love this app !! i already made so many great friends and i been on it for a lil over 2 weeks now .. ive lost like 6lbs so far :)

just NEVER GIVE UP!:heart:
  • SteadyEdina
    SteadyEdina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've just recently ditched my ww membership in favour of this site. I found it through an app for phone
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I'm a former ww girl myself. Loved the old program and learned so much that I'm now applying to calorie counting. Good luck on your journey!
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to Add me. I am a former WW and contemplated them earlier this year when I was introduced to MFP. Personally I love the community here way more than the newer online site for WW. Enjoy and good luck!
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I also cancelled WW for MFP. I wanted more information tracked than the Points were allowing. Good luck on the transition!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hey howdy greetings and hello!!! Tried WW last year, cancelled as it got costly. My daughter, whose business is Dietician and wellness turned us onto this site.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started with ww. I lost 30 lbs.before they changed the program. The new program doesn't work for everyone - including my entire Tuesday morning meeting group. We all ended up quitting because we spent five or six months losing and gaining the same five pounds. The leader suggested double tracking on MFP to see where the problem was. I stayed with MFP and have lost 15 lbs. since I started double tracking. WW was way too high in carbs for me - over 200 carbs/day while staying within my points. Good luck! Keep asking questions. You'll find what's right for YOU!
  • Jersey14
    Jersey14 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi! I did WW over a year ago and lost 30 pounds but quickly put it back on. So far MFP is pretty awesome even though my weight loss is slow. Add me if you'd like and we can motivate each other!!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am a qWWitter too. Feel free to add me!
  • triniechu
    triniechu Posts: 51
    Options
    I joined WW about 4 years ago and lost 30 pounds! It was amazing, but unfortunately i gained it all back in a matter of months. So just last year I decided to make a change! Diet, exercise for a straight 3 months and I lost the 30 pounds by myself. Until now I've actually managed to maintain that weight loss!

A friend of mine introduced me to this app and now I've lost 5 pounds in 6 days!! It's pretty good! Almost like WW but so much better! especially with such a supporting and encouraging community! it's amazing!! Add me :)
  • dreamer0219
    dreamer0219 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we all gave up on WW and came here. This is my first week so we'll see how it goes.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have done WW and have success with it but this time around I could not afford to go there and found MFP and love it. I started this back on February 3rd and have lost about 3 sizes (still can't make myself step on a scale). I tried on my old size 6 & 8's today and actually can put them on - just to many bumps and rolls to really wear them yet. Just log your food and be honest - good, bad or ugly. Find some activity you enjoy to do. I like walking outside. Between the weight lost and some color on my skin I look and feel so much better. We all slip off the wagon just log your food and don't give it. You and all of us can beat this together! Feel free to add me as a friend.