So tell me about NROLFW....

Options
Ive been reading the term "NROLFW" and just deccided to google it. It sound like something I want to get into. I see that there is a book on it. But I want to hear from the women who are actually doing the program. Ive just finished my first round of Insanity with minimal results and about to start JM30Ds. I WANT RESULTS DAMMIT!!!

Is the NROLFW something I need a gym membership for? I would some details about the whole thing.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Replies

• Zadranka18
    Zadranka18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm stalking this.... I want to see results and i think it might be nice to do in addition to insanity instead of my second workout being more cardio... :) sooo... bump
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

Take a look at the forum on the group page for more info. I would highly recommend it personally
  • mirthegeologist
    mirthegeologist Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There is an entire group devoted to this book:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

It's a really active group with lots of discussion and support regarding the different exercises in the book. I'm only half way through the book, so i don't have any experience with the actual program, but it seems to have generated a lot of fabulous results.

ETA: Libby beat me to the link!
  • ronde
    ronde Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post that I am OVERWHELMED... with all of the workout options/suggestions on here.

In the past I've always been more focused on diet and emotional eating, and for the last 3 months I am focused on excercising and learning what is best for a body. I went out and got a HRM and that really motivated me. Then I started digging deeper in the fitness threads and have been reading the importance of weight lifting in order to achieve the best results...but you don't wear an HRM when you lift...which I get after reading info. So I ordered a set of dumbbells and had to wait for them to arrive to start a workout so in the mean time I read about what success people have with 30day shred so I've been doing that for 7 days and love it.

My dumbells arrived and I am so excited to start doing weights and want to workout everyday but I know its not safe or smart and I'm having a heck of a time finding a workout that I feel satisfied with doing....so then I read about NROLFW and downloaded the ebook and have started reading. I like what i'm reading but I just want to get in a routine..NOW.. that I feel is working my body best. I was doing a 12 minute mile on the tread after every 30DS, but now I read in NROLFW that cardio is not necessary. I am just starting to get an overwhelmed frusterated feeling. If i stick it out reading this book is there a program at the end that I can do at home with dumbells and is it OK to continue doing the 30DS every day and only do weight training 3 days.

I have joined groups but it just takes so long to read through all the pages of posts. I want to cut to the chase and feel like I am doing a proper workout.