Moms and the new lovely pooch

Options
So i am 2 months postpartum and i suffer from the proud and yet annoying new mom pooch. I have seen a couple of amazing women on here that have children and have lost that darn pooch. So my question is HOW DID YOU DO IT? lol As of now i am doing all different kinds of crunches and cardio to try and lose it. I know its going to take awhile and i have to be persistent but i want to know is there more i can do besides crunches and cardio?
PLEASE HELP

Replies

• Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I dont have any pictures, but most of my weight loss with running is coming off my mid area. I actually have a waist line now and before I definitely didn't. I have had four children, the last two being twins (8lbs each) and I don't know what the end result will be but right now after four months I feel hopeful it will be fairly flat and nice-sh looking.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    still working on mine but its looking pretty good and even starting to see some defenition in my abs :)

I`ve done 30 day shred 2times now and on ocasion do one level here and there as a quick workout
    wii zumba one and two
    elliptical
    treadmill (did c25k program and now enjoy a nice jog)
    jogging stroller
    currently doing insanity videos
    weight lifting
    hitting the heavy bag
    kettlebell videos
    I get bored easily so I rotate my workouts and do more than one thing over and over I like to change things up alot. I have all of the above at home along with a good HRM. I have MFP set at 1/2pound loss per week and I eat my exercise cals back slow and steady but I`m defently happy with my progress and my fitness level now

Untitled-1-2.jpg
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced this myself but i've seen on other threads that a lot of moms lift heavy weights and go for walks
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    What got rid of my belly, in term of exercises, was intervals of full body exercises and plyometrics with weights. Full body exercises/plyometrics are burpees, push ups, planks, squats, squat jumps, tuck jumps, mountain climbers, etc. I think the weights were essentially in losing the flab for me. Good luck.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    You're still a new mom, give your body some time to bounce back! Lowering body fat by watching what you eat and adding cardio and strength training, is what helped me. Good Luck, and give yourself some time!
  • Jessie__86
    Options
    bump! my youngest is 7 months old and the bottom part of my belly is still not where i want it to be!
  • coppertop1226
    coppertop1226 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose that stubborn pooch left from the birth of my second child 15 months ago.

I've read that interval training is effective at burning fat. For instance, I'll walk on the treadmill at 4.0 mph for 5 mintues, then alternate running for 1.5 minutes at 5.0 mph and then walk for 1.5 minutes at 4.0. for 20 minutes. Then I'll cool down by walking 5 mintues at 3.5 mph.

I'm also doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 3-4 days per week.
  • MrsNgounda
    Options
    still working on mine but its looking pretty good and even starting to see some defenition in my abs :)

I`ve done 30 day shred 2times now and on ocasion do one level here and there as a quick workout
    wii zumba one and two
    elliptical
    treadmill (did c25k program and now enjoy a nice jog)
    jogging stroller
    currently doing insanity videos
    weight lifting
    hitting the heavy bag
    kettlebell videos
    I get bored easily so I rotate my workouts and do more than one thing over and over I like to change things up alot. I have all of the above at home along with a good HRM. I have MFP set at 1/2pound loss per week and I eat my exercise cals back slow and steady but I`m defently happy with my progress and my fitness level now

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Wow...you give some great info. My baby is 6months going on 7 and I've been trying to lose the baby weight for some time now and not getteing any progress. I'm dieting and working out atleast 4 days a week. I'm birth control (the Depo Shot) and my doctor said that could be part of the problem. Any tips?
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You should check yourself to see if you got diastasis (ab separation) during your pregnancy. If you did, then some exercises will make it worse. Google it - there's a way you can check this by feeling on your abs for the separation.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    genetics plays a large part as well; unfortunately, mine are not that great. I still have a bit of a pooch and my baby is 12 years old.