Stretch Marks

Options
I have some on my stomach and I want them GONE! Any products you'd recomend?

Replies

• audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    bump!
  • angie_sample
    Options
    I use coconut oil and it seems to help a little. There tough to get rid of.
  • MargaretPetersBergen
    Options
    Real cocoa butter bars you can buy them online from Olivier.
    :smile:
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have found Bio Oil is the best thing for me. I don't have dark stretch marks but since I've been toning up I've noticed more of the light ones around my hip/thigh area. When I was pregnant I used Bio Oil all the time. Did not get a single mark, and the ones I already had faded. It is expensive for the amount you get (well, at least to me it is) and a little goes a long way. Hope this helps!
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump! I even used that mama mio while I was pregnant. $35 bucks a jar, didn't work.
  • sl4ck3r980
    sl4ck3r980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have them on my arms, have been using a derma roller with bio oil and they seem to be fading.
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    bump
  • brenjm48
    brenjm48 Posts: 18
    Options
    Bio Oil is really exellent. I've used it for years through my pregnancies and ever since and at 48 i have very few stretch marks. If you have stretch marks it's very good at helping them to fade - smells nice to. Good luck :wink:
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've heard from my doctors that there is no way to get rid of them just reduce their appearance :(
  • Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    Options
    Bio Oil definitely. Needs to be used consistently over a long period of time though. I have stretchmarks on my hips, thighs and back of my knees (yuk!) they'll never go away but they're thin silvery white lines instead of huge thick purple ones. Have faith! :-)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, laser treatment is the best way to get rid of them. Microdermabrasion and chemical peels can also work since they stimulate collagen production. Not sure about bio oil, but cocoa butter and castor oil don't work according to scientific studies. Creams with vitamin E work well to prevent them.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have a very ridiculous amount for an 18 year old and unfortunately no cream, oil, or scrub I've tried has ever done the least bit to get rid of them. Almost every source I've searched has said something along the lines of "the damage is in the dermis so they never go away, only fade" & I've accepted that they're right.
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know they'll never really go away, but if I can get them to go away a little, or be less apparent I'm happy.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I used every lotion and potion while pregnant (bio oil in the mornings and cocoa butter in the evenings) but I have millions of stretch marks :cry: I think it is genetic, you either have skin that stretches or you have skin that doesn't. On the up side my marks have always been a sort of silvery colour. So maybe the oil and cream helped in that way.
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    will eventually fade away after a while. I have them on the inside of my shoulders on the back of my sides and some on my butt :P
  • CravenBrittney
    CravenBrittney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah they never go away. And I had a tummy tuck and they took out a large chunk of them.. but I still have them. Still cant wear anything that shows my stomach. BUT you can use all the oils and lotions (strivectin works too) because it will improve your skin and make it healthy and make them appear to fade. Plus, you want to have healthy skin anyway, so its a win win! :)
    I know you probably get tired of hearing this (as do I) but look at them as battle scars! :D Mine represent birthing a 10lbs baby boy! ha. I wouldnt trade him for the best skin in the world.
    Good luck to you, dear!!
  • lovecat1978
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts in this thread, they indeed never completely go away without laser treatment, but I'd like to add that I have had success in fading them with a couple different products. You should try looking into Urban Skintrition or Mederma. I just finished my 3rd week using the latter and it's not looking too bad. Have a look at my blog for my full review: http://www.jensbeautyandhealth.blogspot.com
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have found Bio Oil is the best thing for me. I don't have dark stretch marks but since I've been toning up I've noticed more of the light ones around my hip/thigh area. When I was pregnant I used Bio Oil all the time. Did not get a single mark, and the ones I already had faded. It is expensive for the amount you get (well, at least to me it is) and a little goes a long way. Hope this helps!

My sister told me about that stuff. She was using it for acne marks and I was wondering about the use on the stretch marks. Good to know!

Where can you buy it? She said Walgreens. . .?
  • turtleferrets
    Options
    Never heard of bio oil, but a lot of people seem to think it works. Does anyone know where you can get it and how much it will run (about)? I have tried cocoa butter, but I just think it helps with my dry skin. I know they never go away, but it would be a nice thought if they would shrink!