Tallish girls out there?

Options
Hi there

I'm looking for some MFP girls to add me with similar stats - I'm 5'9, weigh 204lbs (down 3lbs since Monday on MFP! love it) and want to get down to around 160lbs.

I have broad hips and shoulders and big feet so am never going to be 120lbs!! Just looking to fit into a UK 12 (US8) and get fitter.

At the moment I am walking about 3.5 miles to work each day and then once a week doing a spin class, a bootcamp pilates class and a couple of weights sessions.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kate

Replies

• jdub2131
    jdub2131 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'10" and my all time high weight was 180 2 months ago. I am currently at 170 and my ultimate goal weight is 150. I have been consistent the last 4 weeks in limiting calories and doing at least 50 minutes of running/elliptical at least 6 days a week. A few days ago, I began to incorporate Jillian Michaels' 6 week 6 pack into my routine as well. Good luck on your journey! I sent a friend request if you'd like some support from a fellow tall girl! :happy:
  • Wimbledongal
    Wimbledongal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks jdub I have accepted!

I haven't really decided if 160 will be my final goal but seems sensible at the moment - and pretty far off!

I've got to say I do love being tall but when you are trying to lose weight it can be a bit depressing hearing about all these girls who are aiming to be 110-130lbs and are already less than my goal! But hey difference is good huh?
  • jdub2131
    jdub2131 Posts: 20
    Options
    I LOVE being tall! I never want to be 120....I would be anorexic lol. I do not have a small frame, but I have an athletic build, with hips, a butt, and D cups lol. I'll be happy if I can get back to 150 which is where I was when I was a college athlete. We CAN do this! :happy:
  • audreytaylor1
    audreytaylor1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 185 right now looking to lose about thirty to forty pounds. I'm a US 14 right but I think an 8 like you said would be great! I'm looking for to just being a single digit. :)
  • jenb6723
    jenb6723 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am 5'11 and am shooting for 155 but I don't know if that is realistic with the muscle tone. I am currently working out 60-75 minutes 5 days a week and 30-45 1 day - 1 day rest. Main workout is running - training for 1/2 marathon. Actaully have not weighed myself in over 30 days for fear that the number has not changed so looks like I have not lost weight.

It will ALWAYS drive me nuts that a weight like 155 is great for my height. Hard to feel little at that number becuase that would be such a big number for others. Would love to follow your journey her at MFP and encourage you!!!
  • Wimbledongal
    Options
    I wish UK sizes were the same as US as an 8 here is a US 4 so its never gonna happen ha! When I have lost weight I'll convince my man to take me to NYC for a bit of shopping and then I can see what being an '8' feels like!!
  • Jamie571
    Jamie571 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I too am tall and at my highest weight I was about 175. I am almost at my goal weight. I love being tall as well. I know that I will never be a size 2. I am perfectly happy with getting into a size 6 (just got there :drinker: ). The journey there has been quite challenging but totally worth it. Its so nice to still have my curves but be fit. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Jamie
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with your girls! I'm 5'9 and 220#, looking to get down to around 160. Would love to join you all for support and motivation! A single digit size sounds fabulous!!!! :)
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate!

I am in the same boat as you, so I sent you a request- I am 6 feet tall, about 210 lbs and trying to get down to about 165- 170 and a US Size 8 as well.
    I was at about 235 a few months ago, and while I was "CHUBBY" for sure, when I told people my weight they didn't believe me!!! It is interesting being a tall girl and losing weight, since we don't have many other people to benchmark ourselves against. My shorter cousin just had a freak out because she weighs 150...I told her I would KILL to weigh 150! LOL

You seem to be doing a great job so far in terms of cardio and fitness classes- keep up the good work!!! :)

Sara
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    JDUB- I agree- If I weighed 120 pounds, I would look DEAD. Hell, even when I weighed 165 pounds, my sister and my cousin had a mini 'intervention' for me...they took me out to a Chinese buffet and told me to EAT because I looked way too thin and 'out of proportion'!

It is so hard to set a goal weight when you are this tall, because different things look good. My sister is 6'3 and although she weighs 265lbs and acknowledges she is overweight, she said she doesnt even know what weight she would look good at because she's so freakin' tall.

Also, I have a 36DDD bra, so I figure those account for at least part of my weight...? LOL
  • thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'8 and currently 182. I started out at 189 a few months ago, miraculously lost 5 pounds somewhere before I started MFP a week and a half ago. Since I started, I lost 2 pounds. I'm wanting to be at around 140-145 when I'm done hopefully by the end of the year! Feel free to add!
  • Wimbledongal
    Options
    My aim is to have a healthy BMI which is probably much better than comparing yourself to those around you.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This doesn't apply to me at all, but my mother in law is extremely similar in height / build to you, and she's pretty much dead on a UK 12 at 150-ish pounds (she weighed herself on my fancy new scales yesterday). This puts her BMI at 21 point something (right in the middle), with body fat of 23% - so I'd say your target loss is exactly what you want!