1st Day and could use some pointers!

Options
Hi everyone. I came across this website about two months ago. Did great logging and excercise for three days, then fell back into the old habits. Since then I've gained another two pounds. I'm ready to do this for me and my heath. I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer.
1) I have Alli and was thinking of taking that for a few weeks... anyone had success with this?
2) Is there a way to track WW "points" on this site? Or am I better off simply tracking the calories/fat/etc?
3) How do I find friends that are accessing this site?
4) How do you get that little "pounds lost" signature when you post?

Looking forward to getting healthly and dropping a pant size (or three!)

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I have no answers for your questions, but love your user name! :laugh:

Welcome and good luck! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This is a great site for tracking calories. Weight Watchers points are a totally different system. You can find other WW members on this site who can help you.

You can also find people who use Alli and get feedback from them

If you have actual face to face friends who are using this site, contact them personally and ask them what their user names are and what boards they are positing on

You can make your weight loss ticker by going to Home, then Tools

You add the ticker to your signature by going to settings, then to change forum signature.

Take the time to learn about all the features of the site, read a lot of the posts on the message boards

Drink a lot of water while you're doing this :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Do it one day at a time

Take baby steps

If others can do it, so can you:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Demetria
    Options
    Hi everyone. I came across this website about two months ago. Did great logging and excercise for three days, then fell back into the old habits. Since then I've gained another two pounds. I'm ready to do this for me and my heath. I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer.
    1) I have Alli and was thinking of taking that for a few weeks... anyone had success with this?
    2) Is there a way to track WW "points" on this site? Or am I better off simply tracking the calories/fat/etc?
    3) How do I find friends that are accessing this site?
    4) How do you get that little "pounds lost" signature when you post?

Looking forward to getting healthly and dropping a pant size (or three!)

I would look up research on Alli and make sure it is still okay to use or if there have been any recalls for it. The thing I know about Alli is that you need to follow a low fat diet because it works by keeping your body from digesting the fat from the food you eat. So you could have loose bowels and other side effects if you eat too much fat.

I don't think there is any way to track WW points on this site. Whichever method works better for you to track how much you are eating, is what I would go for. Don't think of this as a temporary fix/diet. This needs to be a lifestyle change. Tracking exactly how much and what you eat is a real eye opener.

If you know friends who also use this site ask them what their user/screenname is, to be able to find them on the site.

For the pounds lost tracker, go to the tools tab and choose which one you want.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

hth,
    Demetria
  • lovesmerlot
    lovesmerlot Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the information. I am learning more as I browse the site. I think I'm overthinking... may as well keep it simple and track my food intake rather than "points", as it IS a lifestyle change. And yes, I'm drinking LOTS of water ( = lots of RR breaks! :) Looking forward to reading posts on the message boards.
  • pamwickham
    pamwickham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, it is me!! your scrapper friend....good luck with your plan. Each day will get easier and this site will help you track your calories as well as fiber and protein. Any high fiber, low cal and high protein food is bound to be a good choice. I really watched the three of them when I lost my weight---fruits and veggies and lean meats

If you master this it will be a lifestyle change!!
    Pam