Non - Scale Victory...

Options
aehartley
aehartley Posts: 269 Member
The gym is my second home. Over the past 2 years I have been on a path of self disovery, and didn't even know it. This all started because I had gained some weight after my days of competive twirling was over and I hadn't achived everything that I thouht I could have or should have. I became very depressed. One day I steped on the scale and which made me more depressed and I decided to make a "New Years Resolution" and with some help found My Fitness Pal and started a diet. After counting some calories I went to a gym to see what working out was all about. There like most poeple I was drawn to cadio and after a few weeks of inital losses I stalled out pretty quick. I started to get really discouraged. One of the trainers at the gym started talking to me about lifting weights and like a lot of poeple I was unsure because I didn't want to look manly. I did some reserach - came back and said lets give it a try. Oh my God did it work. It helped me bust through plautes and before I knew it we had develped a workout and diet to help me get to my goals. I never dreamed that two years later the life lessons I learned in the gym would trasfer into my everyday life. For those of you that know it has not been easy. I can honestly say I am finding a new happieness with fitness I didn't know I could have.

I have finally learned to respect myself, If I do not respect myself and my ablites no one else will. I have learned I am as mentally tough as everyone keeps telling me I am. I have learned that I am my own best cheerleader. I have FINALLY learned to understand my accomplishments are mine. Others accomplishements are thiers, and I do not have to compete with them or be jealous because "I haven't do that, or I can't do that." I am fearless, I am the girl that is strong inside and out. I have learned I can do what I set my mind too.

Your greatness is not what you have, it is what you give. For the past few month the trainers at my gym have been trying to get me to go through the proccess of getting my certification. After a lot of thought, I really want to help others change thier lives. I am planning on persuing my personal training. I am also wanting to compete in a figure comp. I really can not thank enough my friends on here who have supported and loved , pushed, cried with, laughted with, talked, pushed, pulled and helped me through this all ( the ups and the 600 calorie days) I don't know where I would be without you. U Kathy, Chietownfoodie, Abigualblue, I ecp. couldn't have done it without you. I couldn't have done it with out you all.

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am sitting at my desk crying! I ♥ you!! I think you would make a great trainer, and I KNOW that when you are ready you will kill it at those fitness competitions. You are one amazing chick and I am grateful to know you and call you my friend! I mean it when I say that if/when you make it to Chicago, I am taking you out!!! LOVE YOU!!!!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    You are amazing! I love the positivity in this post - the reflections on how far you've come! I have very few friends that I can count on hearing from on a daily basis. You are definetely one of those few and I appreciate you!
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    Bump because I'm at work and my boss came to my desk! LOL!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    You are simply amazing ! I am so proud of your dedication and you are a inspiration to me and so many others !
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and I know you will kill it at any fitness competitive! Plus be an amazing Personal Trainer since you have transformed yourself.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much... I am even more encouraged now. I can't wait to really do more and make a bigger diffrence. :-)
  • aspriggs2033
    Options
    Great Post! Thank You!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post- so inspirational and good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!