Not Losing!!!

Options
Ok so I am doing everything that I need to do in order to lose the weight and this week I gained 8 ounces. I am getting over a cold but over the weekend I was able to work out. I felt really good about my workouts too. My weekly weigh ins are Mondays and then today I weighed in just to see if there was a difference and I was up 2 more ounces than yesterday...grrrr :mad: Why is this happening????? I wanted to be at my goal by the end of October but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. :sad: Am I doing something wrong?? I have been at a yoyo weight loss. I'll lose one week but not the next. Could it be a plataeu?? (cringe) Oh please help!!

Replies

• Tinker73
    Options
    I would say that you are on a plateau.Now that being said you should not weigh yourself every day because your weight flactuate daily due to water and so on.Try to mix up your cardio sessions and weights.That is what worked for me every day I have my body guesssing on how many calories I consume and what exercises I do.I hope this helps.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    How are you mixing up your cardio and weights??
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've heard this a gazillion times, but sometimes it helps to hear it again..... you WILL weigh differently from one day to the next, and even on different times in the SAME day..... keep on top of your calories, LOG EVERYTHING, exercise... you're going to reach your goals! Having a cold and not feeling the best may have it's effects on your body, when you're feeling better, try that ol scale again. Don't stress over what it tells you.... take it with a grain of salt. Our bodies are amazing things, and no single day is typically going to impact you permanently (unless you consumed 3500 calories over your maintenance calories. :devil: )

Hang in there, don't get discouraged, and don't stress about a plateau when it's a short-lived change.

You've already lost a TON of weight, don't focus on 8 ounces!!!!!
  • 2kaizen
    Options
    I've been struggling with the numbers on the scale not moving too - same as you and weighing daily. But I feel thinner, and I think my clothes feel better. To test that theory ... I measured myself (arms, thighs, hips, waist, bust) and they confirmed I was smaller! So now I'm all about the inches baby!

Something else to try!

Oh ... and drink your water! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. My clothes do feel looser so I know something is happening. I blamed my gain on eating too much sodium on Sunday. Maybe I haven't had enough water. I hope next week is a bit better or I am gonna have to re-messure myself. I usually only measure myself once a month. Time will tell right.