Bob Harper workout dvds

Hey all!

I have a general question regarding calorie burn. I rotate a number of Bob Harper's workout dvds into my routine so I don't get bored and was just wondering the formula to figure out calories burned during these exercises... I've tried searching the MFP exercise & message board databases and even googling the ol' internet but to no avail.

Can anyone help a girl out? Thanks!!

Replies

• I also have the same question. Someone please help!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    I just got a HRM, and did Bob's Workout. 28 minutes gave 230 cal burn for me. Tonight is Yoga Warrior. I'll see what it ends up being.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Without a HRM, I would log them under Circuit Training, General and let MFP calculate for you. The Yoga for the Warrior is higher than the Yoga listed here (at least for me) but lower than Circuit Training.
  • Thank you! I appreciate your answers!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Yoga Warrior was about 230 cals as well, well above what MFP gave me. I do Pure Burn as well as Totally Ripped Core, and log them under circuit. Tomorrow is core night, so I'll know what the actual burn is.
  • Yoga Warrior was about 230 cals as well, well above what MFP gave me. I do Pure Burn as well as Totally Ripped Core, and log them under circuit. Tomorrow is core night, so I'll know what the actual burn is.

Thanks!
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Here are the results I get with an HRM (I'm 5'3 and 155 lbs [ah it feels SO good to say that! I've lost 35 lbs in the past few months with these DVD's, I still can't believe I'm in the 150's!!]) :

Total Body Transformation: ~ 480 calories
    Pure Burn Super Strength: ~ 450 calories
    Totally Ripped Core: ~ 300 to 350 calories
    Yoga for the Warrior: ~ 200 calories (lower calories, but an AMAZING stretch)

Those are the ones I do most often - and these are the burns for the longer workouts on all of these DVD's - I'm not sure about the burns for the other DVD's honestly.

I am doing the 30 Day Challenge with Bob Harper's DVD's starting on Tuesday for the whole month of May. Here is the calendar: http://mytrainerbob.com/calendar.pdf
    Feel free to friend me if you wanna join the fun and we can give each other support!
  • Thank you! I looked up this post because I had the same question. I just got a 4 pack of Bob Harper DVD's, your answer helps me out a lot! :)
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    BUMP
  • Rkudolo
    Rkudolo Posts: 1 Member
    Hi to all you out there. I've been struggling with my weight since I was 15 and now I'm 43.
    I've tried a lot of workout and gained the weight back + more. I use to weight 135 and I'm 188 right now. So I just got these workout on youtube. So I am trying them hope to lose weight and keep it off.