Need Motivation Please!!!

Options
Hi. I've not posted before, but in need of a bit of motivation.

I started using MFP in mid January, and have lost 30lbs so far. (Although the app says less because i put in a guessed weight the first day and then when I weighed myself I actually weighed half a stone more than I thought!)
Anyway, I'm starting to loose my motivation and am felling really fed up knowing it's going to take me ages to get to where I want to be. (I still have another 50lbs to go)

The weight loss has slowed down from around 3lb a week to 1lb a week or staying the same and it's so frustrating. I haven't changed what i'm doing- I have the recommended 1200 calories a day and do 40 min workouts 5-6 days a week.

I think I just need someone to remind me that I will get there eventually and it will be worth it! :frown:

Replies

• EssexShell
    EssexShell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    keep going the harder you have to work for it the more it will be worth to you. Nothing comes easy in life. Life is always an uphill struggle. Perseverance is the key to anything we do.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Giving up will get you no where except possibly back to if not further from where you started and will not change your health. You need to want it and tell yourself you are worth the short or long road what ever it may be. It can be a tough at time I know, but I will hit my goal and keep it. Even when I see the scale not move and the measurements not move at times I know it will happen and every step I take is a healthier me.

Believe in yourself.
  • dukmic
    dukmic Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks guys- I will definitely keep at it, just need to give myself a kick from time to time to remind me how good I will feel when I get there! :smile:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    try reading the about section of my blog
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Your Doing Great 30 pounds since January is a lot.:flowerforyou:
  • dukmic
    Options

Wow! What an inspiration. I guess if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Makes me excited to keep going :smile: Thanks
  • dukmic
    Options
    Your Doing Great 30 pounds since January is a lot.:flowerforyou:

Thank you :smile:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

Wow! What an inspiration. I guess if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Makes me excited to keep going :smile: Thanks

no problem, keep it up and dont give up!

You make a mistake? Get back on the horse and go!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am at almost the same spot as you...yeah,I have been frustrated,but I just remember that I have gotten rid of a chunk and I don't want it back.So now,the weight might come off slower but at least I am doing something!.I also have increased my calories some and I didn't gain back.Just look at some old photos of before..that helps me stay on track,and my MFP friends...
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options

Wow!! How inspiring you are!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    30 lbs is a lot...
    and honestly, try playing with your calories a bit. with all that exercise, you probably could stand to up them a little..
    shake up your workout routine too

You can do this - we've all been in your situation...and it's hard for each and every one of us..but remember - we didn't get fat in a month, we aren't going to get skinny in a month, either.

Also - are you tracking your measurements? If not, do it!! You will often see movement there but not the scale...
    and ditch the scale for a while...
  • dukmic
    Options
    I am at almost the same spot as you...yeah,I have been frustrated,but I just remember that I have gotten rid of a chunk and I don't want it back.So now,the weight might come off slower but at least I am doing something!.I also have increased my calories some and I didn't gain back.Just look at some old photos of before..that helps me stay on track,and my MFP friends...

I looked through some old photos yesterday, there's not that many because I hate having my photo taken, but it made me realise how unhappy I was at my largest and how much i'm looking forward to having my photo taken when i'm slim! :smile:
  • dukmic
    Options
    30 lbs is a lot...
    and honestly, try playing with your calories a bit. with all that exercise, you probably could stand to up them a little..
    shake up your workout routine too

You can do this - we've all been in your situation...and it's hard for each and every one of us..but remember - we didn't get fat in a month, we aren't going to get skinny in a month, either.

Also - are you tracking your measurements? If not, do it!! You will often see movement there but not the scale...
    and ditch the scale for a while...

Very true, it isn't an overnight fix and I need to remember that. I'm not doing measurements but I think I will from now on, Some of my friends have suggested that too.

I think I need to hide the scales for a while, I was weighing myself once a week, but I keep doing sneaky half week weighs which really isn't helping my motivation.

Thank you for you suggestions :smile: