Need calories with low sodium and sugar

Options
Does anyone have any good ideas for foods low in sodium and sugar but will help me meet my calorie goal? I am short of my goal by two to three hundred most times. I already changed my goal from 1 lb a week to 1.5 lb a week to try to accomodate it. I don't want to lose too quickly as I have tried other "methods" and have seen the weight return time and again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    meat, eggs, cheese, almonds, jerky, vegetables. :smile:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yeah, jerky not so much on the low sodium. Even many meats are high in sodium.

Nuts are good. Get the unsalted and unroasted. A good site on the net is nuts.com. They have a huge selection and you can get them raw or dry roasted so you don't have to get the oil calories too.

Swiss cheese is low, you can add that to sammichs and salads.

Those are the biggest ones I rely on to keep sodium and carbs down. Most veggies are not going to help you get a bunch of calories without adding a considerable amount of carbs for the amount you would have to eat (except Avacados but I don't like them).
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    meat, eggs, cheese, almonds, jerky, vegetables. :smile:

Beat me to it! Eww jerky
  • sr4ca
    sr4ca Posts: 43
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    avocado
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Unsalted raw or roasted nuts, avocados, quinoa and other whole grains, no-salt added beans (or better still cook your own without salt), lentils, and pretty much any fresh vegetable.
  • ke4zed
    ke4zed Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I like nuts so I will definitely look into that website nuts.com. This is only my first week and I am still trying to get the hang of it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Unsalted natural peanut butter, yum! Have it with apple slices or celery or something.