P90X info for recording calorie burn per work out?

Options
Hey Team, I am new to this and I am trying to lose about 20lbs. I tracking my food but I can't track my weights and cardio due to no P90X info. How can we rectify this?

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor. It's VERY different for each person. Even then it's hard to judge because the HRM isn't' that accurate when strength training.

the AVERAGE is 600 per DVD, but you have people that burn 250, and people that burn 800, so you can't even go by that.

Best bet, even though it's not really the most accurate, is the Heart Rate Monitor
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing P90X as well. Weight days are logged as 'Strength Training' , Yoga is 'Yoga', Kenpo is 'Judo, Karate, Kick Boxing, Tae Kwan Do', Cardio is 'Aerobics, High Impact', Core Synergistics is 'Circuit Training, General' (I would also probably log Plyometrics here as well, since it figures a higher burn than aerobics). Hope that helps!
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I track my calorie burn doing p90x using my heart rate monitor.
  • FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    P90x's website has a calorie counter
  • ilsaee
    ilsaee Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, How do you track your calories burned by your Heart Rate? Thanx.

Ilsae
  • shainapaddick
    Options
    I use p90xcalories.com since I don't have a heart rate monitor. However, a lot of people say that it's a little high compared to their monitor, so I always take the "low" intensity amount. Hope this helps!
  • Bucifan202
    Options
    Go to this website http://p90xcalories.com/
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend purchased the p90x dvds some time ago.. I'm scared to try them out though, i hear they can be brutal. lol
  • MacKillopClan
    Options
    They are fantastic if you like kicking your self in the head! Great work out. Chenages things up. Great way to get the boredom out of your normal routine
  • MacKillopClan
    Options
    Thanks, I wear the heart rate monitor for the plyometric. wow! what a workout.
  • MacKillopClan
    Options
    It does help. Thank you. I appreciate it. I have been guessing at the amount of calories. Averaging it around 300 per work-out.
  • MacKillopClan
    Options
    Good to know. Do I need a password and login?
  • MacKillopClan
    Options
    Thank you. That helps. summer is coming!
  • MacKillopClan
    Options
    Thanks. I apreciate the feedback