Don't know what to eat at....

Options
Bucca Di Beppos:( My husbands parents are taking us out for dinner for my husband's birthday but I don't know what to eat from there. Pasta and sauce are both so high in fat and carbs and sodium..... Suggestions?

Replies

• kylas7
    kylas7 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have not heard of this, place- but as far as pasta goes etc)
    Do they have any small plate option's?, or low cal options?
    If you really want some pasta just try to pick something small and with vegetables)
    and perhaps a salad to go with it, or if they don't have small plates etc, ask for a box to go and split it up that way, you don't eat too much)
    hope this helps~~~
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Salad with chicken, a sandwich...
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love Bucas! Their pizzas are on a very thin crust so that could be an option. Or you could just indulge and enjoy!
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That is a hard one since everything there is served family style. Can you pull up the menu before hand? Good luck...Avoid the chocolate cake there :)
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    That is a hard one since everything there is served family style. Can you pull up the menu before hand? Good luck...Avoid the chocolate cake there :)

I pulled up the menu but like you said, its all family style
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    They will make you a separate meal if you ask. You can ask for a salad.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    They will make you a separate meal if you ask. You can ask for a salad.

Thanks!
  • returningmyfatsuit
    returningmyfatsuit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have something that you like, and enjoy the birthday supper! One meal won't ruin it all. Splurge :)
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'd say take a small portion of pasta, load up on salad (ask if you can have dressing on the side), avoid the bread and dessert.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the in-laws are out to sabotage you. Are they jealous, perhaps? Is there an old girlfriend they would like to see their son with? I wouldn't go if I were you.
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    If you have pasta just eyeball about 1 cup full and get to go container. Good luck
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bucca had their nutrition info online. There is a lemon chicken that is relatively low in calories. I was researching it because I have a coupon for a free lunch.