protein bars???

Options
can anyone recommend a good protein bar? I'm really not sure what to look for. I joined the gym and got a personal trainer about 5 wks ago, it was then that I also started eating 5 small meals/day...but I've gotten myself into a situation a time or two where I've missed my 230-300 meal, and my body doesn't like that, so I thought it'd be a good idea to throw a couple bars in my car to have on hand so I don't get stuck again. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Replies

• Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I like quest bars. Pr bars. Nu go slim bars.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We get the pure protien, 200 cals, 20 grams of protein and 2 grams of sugar.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    We get the pure protien, 200 cals, 20 grams of protein and 2 grams of sugar.

^^^^ Yup, Pure Protein and you can pick them up as Sam's Club too.
  • PtownKween
    PtownKween Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Shakes are better.. more filling =) i drink mine two to three times a day, 120 calories, 23 or more g of protein
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Shakes are better.. more filling =) i drink mine two to three times a day, 120 calories, 23 or more g of protein

right! you could even replace a meal with the full feeling you get from them.
  • CatRL
    CatRL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like the pure protein bars as well - good combo carbs/protein/fat and calories for a workout.
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to find a good bar that doesn't taste yummy BUT is low carb