*PICS* - Sexy Legs in 6 Weeks? - *PICS*

Options
My husband will be home in 6 weeks which is one of the reasons why I want to fix my legs as quickly as possible. He's been deployed and when he comes back, we're going on the honeymoon we never had, which means, BIKINI!

I feel like my legs are not matching my upper body and I really want to tone up down there. The front of my thighs are my biggest issue. I work my legs twice a week with multiple exercises that include lunges and squats. I'm thinking I should start running again. Agree or disagree on running to help tone?

Can anyone provide additional tips on toning the legs as quickly as possible? Also, does anyone know if this is actually an attainable goal? My food is straight, I get enough protein and carbs and all that other stuff and my body fat continues to drop. It's a slow drop but nevertheless, it's dropping.

Thanks!

The first picture was taken today, 4-26-2012. And the second picture was taken two days ago and I added just to show different lighting.

Legs-4-26-12.jpg

Legs2-4-24-12.jpg

Replies

• LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My advice, from what I've seen and read (never tried personally, my legs are always solid and low bodyfat, no matter how chubby I am lol)...is to up the strength training, with heavy weight.

Let cardio slide, completely if you like.

Lift hard 3x a week...squats, lunges, deadlifts...etc...with as much weight as you can complete 5 reps with. Repeat 5x.

You cannot spot reduce, but this will help your body begin removing fat everywhere (again assuming you're dieting properly as you said).
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Squats. Heavy ones that weigh more every time.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I don't know, man. You have great legs!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,016 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't see a problem with your legs. They look like young, fit legs to me.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Lift hard 3x a week...squats, lunges, deadlifts...etc...with as much weight as you can complete 5 reps with. Repeat 5x.

You have fantastic legs... but ^^^^
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Use the elliptical trainer. Results guaranteed!!
    Another tip is pilates/yoga excercises strech out for half and hour a day after excercise. Your legs will look less "bulky"
    It worked for HRH Crownprincess Mary.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I always get quick results from taking Spinning classes (in addition to squats and lunges). I love the results my legs and butt gets. :-)
  • sevenminaya
    sevenminaya Posts: 112
    Options
    Squats and Lunges. And check this out (exercises for legs):
  • jennay611
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels' "Killer Buns & Thighs" workout a couple weeks ago. It has three progressively more difficult levels (I just started level two -- sticking with each level for 10-ish days). I've started to notice more tone and definition in my legs. It's $9.99 on Amazon. I plan to add 30-45 minutes of elliptical training each day for my cardio beginning next week (my gym has the kind that allows you to raise or lower the ramp to target spefic leg muscles, which is a nice bonus for the strength/resistance aspect). Using the elliptical for my cardio segments helped me lose over an inch from my thighs (due to fat loss overall + working those specific muscles for resistance) when I first started getting back into working out. I did it everyday during my lunch breaks as the company fitness facilities, but I've moved and really need to get back into that aspect of my routine.

Good luck & best wishes from a fellow military wife!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options

You have fantastic legs... but ^^^^

^^^ This. :) I wish my legs looked half as good as yours do right now. But, I'll tell you something. I started strength training 2 weeks ago, and the difference in my legs is insane already. I just have a lot further to go than you do. :) I don't think elliptical would do much. I spent 3 months doing tons of elliptical, and it didn't give me the results I've gotten more recently with lifting. Good luck to you. But however you go about it, girl...you're going to have a great time, and you are totally beautiful just as you are. Don't stress yourself too much.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey, I wanted to say that I have used Tracy Anderson metamorphosis and it has a wonderful leg routine, also pilates and yoga will lengthen the muscle and burn fat there..... I would agree with other posters though and comment that if your food is clean, lift, lift, lift....I had a problem right in front of my legs not having a slight cut there i wanted...I added HIIT on the treadmill (high intensity interval training, you can google methods of it) and INCLINES at 10% on opposite days of weight training on my legs, your going to have to max out on weights to exauhstion ...good luck. keep us posted.

also might consider one visit with a personal trainer just for that area for a routine for you.

Jess
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Squats. Lunges. Squats. Lunges. Cardio with resistance (outdoors with hills, biking or running; treadmill/elliptical with incline and resistance; spinning). Plyometrics ("jump training"). And your legs are beautiful.
  • erineddy81
    erineddy81 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    First of all...YAY for hubby coming back soon!!! :)...mine just left for his 5th deployment. Second of all, your legs look very good and proportionate to your upperbody. I had decent legs, but what has taken them to the next level, at least that's what I take from all the compliments :), is heavily weighted squats, deadlifts, goodmornings and step ups, also one-legged bodyweight squats. Combine that with intervals of jumping squats and jumping lunges betwees sets and your legs will feel like jello and you will be sore as all get out but it is so worth it!!!
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i have always heard that if you want definition to do alot of reps when weight lifting. squats, etc. this is better for toning. you could always "google" or ask at gym from a trainer. :-)
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Butt bible and heavy lifting including lots of squats and lunges.
  • slhtree
    slhtree Posts: 9
    Options
    So glad your hubby is coming home :0) ...secondly, you have lovely legs!
    I tend to have chubby thigh syndrome,but have noticed a difference by adding Pilates routines in with my usual squats and lunges. I also just got Lean and chiseled the Extend Barre method and that has also made a difference!
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    p.s. i too would agree your legs look good already and it's admirable to want to impress your hubby, but he probably won't care and just wants to see his wife he has missed for so long! best wishes to you both!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Honey you have great legs!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    i have always heard that if you want definition to do alot of reps when weight lifting. squats, etc. this is better for toning. you could always "google" or ask at gym from a trainer. :-)

This is inaccurate.
    p.s. i too would agree your legs look good already and it's admirable to want to impress your hubby, but he probably won't care and just wants to see his wife he has missed for so long! best wishes to you both!

This is 100% accurate :).