30 day shred

Options
I'm doing the 30 day shred. How many calories do i burn doing the level 1 excersize? I can't figure it out! Thanks!

Replies

• akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred. How many calories do i burn doing the level 1 excersize? I can't figure it out! Thanks!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i put it under circuit training in the cardiovascular section for 20 minutes (and i put 5 minutes of mild stretching). it's only a general guess and i don't eat all the calories back due to that. unless you have a heart rate monitor, you wont know the exact amount of calories you burn.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I just did it for the first time wearing a heart rate monitor and burned 260 calories. That includes the warm up and stretching after.
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    can anyone explain a heart rate monitor to me i have never heard of one that you can wear before. does it tell you how many calories you burn right on the monitor or do you have to calculate it out according to your heart rate, where can you buy one at
  • AngieAllTheWay
    AngieAllTheWay Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys, I was going to ask the same question! I NEED to get me a HRM!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am going to try 30 day shred tommorrow with my heart rate monitor since they have 2 of 30 day shred on my on demand on my cable.

but I just got my heart rate monitor and tells you how many cals you burn I have the Polar f-6 and so far I just love it!!!
  • cmadril
    Options
    Is the 30 day shred something that you have to do consecutively for 30 days or can you take breaks in between? I like to go to the gym, but when I can't, I work out to Turbo Jam at home.

I would like to try 30 day shred sounds interesting.:tongue:
  • new318
    new318 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    but how much do you currently weigh? I ask bc ppl who weigh more will burn more and those who weigh less ....
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    OP: You'll need a HRM to get an accurate calorie burn, but I've found a formula on these forums that someone claimed to have gotten off of JM's website. You can use this as an estimate:

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out.
    Is the 30 day shred something that you have to do consecutively for 30 days or can you take breaks in between? I like to go to the gym, but when I can't, I work out to Turbo Jam at home.

I would like to try 30 day shred sounds interesting.:tongue:

The general premise is that you do it for 30 days, with 10 days per level, but you can feel free to do it whenever or however you want. If I remember correctly, Jillian Michaels actually recommends doing it like this: 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, rest day.