What type of eater are you?

Options

Replies

• owltattoo
    owltattoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in seeing if our results change after we all have reached our fitness goals.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Emotional Eater:

Extremely High

Big Eater:

Very High

Addictive Eater:

Very High

Lazy Eater:

Low

People Pleaser Eater:

Moderately High

Control Freak Eater:

Moderately High
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater:

High

Big Eater:

Moderately Low

Addictive Eater:

Moderately Low

Lazy Eater:

Moderately Low

People Pleaser Eater:

Low

Control Freak Eater:

Moderately High
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    any1 else notice i potentially inappropriate and probably misdirected question on the list?

Nope. Do tell!
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater: Very Low
    Big Eater: Moderately Low
    Addictive Eater: Very Low
    Lazy Eater: Low
    People Pleaser Eater: Low
    Control Freak Eater: Extremely Low

If I'm not even a big eater, how did I get 40 pounds over weight??!?!?!???

I got a very similar result
    Here are the results of your Eater Typing Test:

Emotional Eater:Moderately Low

Big Eater:Low

Addictive Eater: Low

Lazy Eater: Very Low

Control Freak Eater: Low

i know i eat when im bored and i crave pb/chocolate treats and salty things. but even tho im overweight, the one good thing is I control everything that gets bought so my key is to not buy junk or extra food other then what i need for meals. some times i get tempted and give in when i go out to eat or to my moms house cuz she has a lot of snacky food. I also really like arizona ice tea and the diet kind tastes wierd. but ive cut way back and havent been buying it lately
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This was a long quiz, but i love taking quizzes. I agree. I am a control freak with my eating! I think i make others feel guilty when I eat out because of the type of foods i order.

Emotional Eater:Moderately Low

Big Eater:Low

Addictive Eater:Moderately Low

Lazy Eater:Moderately High

People Pleaser Eater:Very Low

Control Freak Eater:Moderately High
  • alc06
    alc06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater: Very High
    Addictive Eater: Moderately High
    Lazy Eater: Moderately Low
    Control Freak Eater: Moderately High

Emotional Eater. Yup, I knew this.
  • MrsCanuck
    MrsCanuck Posts: 16
    Options
    Addictive eater. Yeah, that's about right. I crave salty foods.
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater: Moderately High
    Addictive Eater: Moderately Low
    People Pleaser Eater: Moderately Low
    Control Freak Eater: Moderately Low
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Big Eater: High
    Addictive Eater: High
    Control Freak Eater: Very High
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater: Low

Big Eater: Low

People Pleaser Eater: Moderately Low

Control Freak Eater: Very Low
  • suzclark66
    suzclark66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! I came out extremely high on emotional eater....not surprised. What did surprise me is the fact that I came out high to some degree on all of them. Well....i guess that explains my problem! I agree with another post...I wish it gave us recommendations and suggestions to help.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options

Emotional Eater:

Very High

Big Eater:

Moderately High

Addictive Eater:

High

Lazy Eater:

Low

People Pleaser Eater:

Very Low

Control Freak Eater:

Very High

For each eater type, there are 9 possible scores:

1. Extremely High
    2. Very High
    3. High
    4. Moderately High
    5. Moderately Low
    6. Low
    7. Very Low
    8. Extremely Low
    9. Not At All

Below is a summary of the 6 different eater types. The summaries that correspond to the eater types you scored highly on should describe your eating habits fairly closely.

Emotional Eater

Your Score: Very High

Emotional Eaters turn to food as a way of suppressing or coping with negative emotions in their life. Some examples might be stress, boredom, loneliness, anger, frustration, and so on. These negative emotions can be brought on by everyday events, by internal moods, or by painful emotional memories stored inside their subconscious.

Some examples of Emotional Eaters are those people who find comfort in food, those who see food as a friend, those who have a low self-opinion, those who are prone to depression, or those who feel they can eat freely because they have had a difficult or stressful day.

Food usually only brings satisfaction to the Emotional Eater for a short time, after which they often feel guilty about having binged or eaten something unhealthy. This guilt can then also sometimes lead to yet another emotional eating session.

Big Eater

Your Score: Moderately High

Big Eaters do not necessarily graze or snack in between meals, but when they do have a meal they generally eat to excess. They almost never leave anything on their plate and will often finish off other people's meals for them. Their hunger usually isn't satisfied until they feel full, but they will often eat beyond that point.

Big Eaters rate value for money and quantity of food over quality. They prefer eating at places where large portions are offered, rather than where small to medium portions of fine food are served. They hate the thought of wasting food, preferring to eat anything just to avoid it being thrown away, even if it's an unhealthy food.

Addictive Eater

Your Score: High

Addictive eaters treat food almost like a recreational drug. They crave highly flavored junk foods, usually sweet foods but very often savory ones as well, because they are addicted to the chemicals or sugars in these foods. The foods of choice for Addictive Eaters are refined carbs, sweet foods and drinks, and seasoned fatty foods.

They often spend a lot of time thinking about food, and have little control over themselves when it comes to resisting their favorite foods because their cravings can be so strong. Addictive Eaters can often eat quite fast, and once they start eating a particular food, will have a lot of difficulty in stopping.

Lazy Eater

Your Score: Low

Lazy Eaters tend to have very bad eating habits simply because they don't make the effort to feed themselves correctly. They may or may not eat to excess, but more often than not their problems arise from quality of food rather than quantity.

Because they see eating as nothing more than a necessary inconvenience, Lazy Eaters value convenience over everything else. This means that they often opt for unhealthy, high-calorie snacks and fast foods for their meals, as well as pre-packaged meals. As a result, their diet is usually centered around fatty and processed foods that are high in calories and low in nutritional value.

Lazy Eaters characteristically forget to eat meals and rarely have many good foods in their kitchen, if any at all.

People Pleaser Eater

Your Score: Very Low

People Pleaser Eaters sabotage their own diets as a result of their strong need for pleasing others. They hate to say 'no' to anyone and will commonly eat too much or eat unhealthy foods just to keep other people happy, to seek approval from other people, or to avoid hurting other people's feelings.

People Pleaser Eaters have great difficulty in telling people they would prefer to eat something else. They are happy just to eat whatever they are offered or whatever everyone else is eating. In a restaurant they prefer simply eating whatever is offered on the menu, even if it is unhealthy, rather than asking for their meal to be changed in some way.

Control Freak Eater

Your Score: Very High

Control Freak Eaters use food as a haven where they can fulfill their need for control. Whenever they feel overwhelmed with life, or that areas of their life such as their job, relationships or finances are out of control, they turn to food as something they are able to control.

Control Freak Eaters also use food as a way of controlling others around them, either as a means of expressing themselves in the way they want, or as a means of influencing them in some way.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

Not surprised by that emotional eating.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater: Low

Big Eater: Low

Ok... that was helpful. Ha!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater: Moderately Low
    Addictive Eater: Moderately High
    Lazy Eater: Extremely Low
    People Pleaser Eater: Moderately High

None of these surprise me.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Emotional Eater: Extremely High
    Big Eater: Very High
    Addictive Eater: Very High
    People Pleaser Eater: High
    Control Freak Eater: High

Sooooo.....I guess I just like to eat :noway: lol
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I already know. I am a compulsive overeater!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    My results were...

Emotional Eater: Extremely Low

Big Eater: Not At All

Addictive Eater: Not At All

People Pleaser Eater: Extremely Low

I agree with the results. I do view eating as something I just have to do in order to survive. I have never been a big eater. I am working on eating more and healthy.
  • amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My Results:

Emotional Eater: Extremely High

Big Eater: Very High

Addictive Eater: Very High

People Pleaser Eater: Very High

Control Freak Eater: Moderately High

I pretty much completely agree to all of them. I have a problem :(